Easiest way to the top of high mountain from damn lake?

roc

i can't handle the switchbacks to the top, I never make it. Is there an easier way to get to the top from damn lake by the golf course?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Keep trying! If it is fitness, it will come. If it is a tech issue, someone will give pointers (ie ride the turn a bit faster than the straight climb, and look where you want to go, not at the turn)

qclabrat

I was there a few weeks ago, it's all about fitness where youre referring to, not so much tech
I'm thinking to try HM again soon, great place

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Keep trying! If it is fitness, it will come.
But... but... I've been trying for 2 yrs! lol
Truth be told... if there is a scale for fitness from 0-10... I actually started at -5!
I think I am at 0 now so there have been improvements. :)

@roc For me to get to the peak, Circleswitch to Hawk, I have to take 2 breaks so that I won't throw up a lung and my legs won't fall off.
Most likely, you are in better shape than I am. :thumbsup:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Truth be told... if there is a scale for fitness from 0-10... I actually started at -5!

@roc For me to get to the peak, Circleswitch to Hawk, I have to take 2 breaks so that I won't throw up a lung and my legs won't fall off.
Most likely, you are in better shape than I am. :thumbsup:

Directionally Correct !
You'll climb it non-stop next year.

roc

Most likely, you are in better shape than I am. :thumbsup:[/QUOT
Hawk is definitely not easy, but I think it is easier than the other side. Those switchbacks and pitch are really tough. I don't make it up either, but I have to walk less going up hawk. On the opposite side of hawk, the pitch at the very end of the climb is the steepest part and on loose shale. You have to have monster legs to make it up that. I don't know of a harder mountain bike climb in nj.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions