Eagle Rock NJ?

I haven't been to Eagle Rock but was invited to go ride there. Is this a bike friendly park? AllTrails only has it down for hiking, and it's not in the NNJ list. Don't tell me it's central nj.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
One day last summer while I was hiking through Eagle Rock I saw groups of people doing all of these things:
*having paintball gun fight
*doing a commercial fashion photo shoot
*LARPing (medieval theme)
*heavy petting, possibly more (I tried not to stare)
not to mention that half the park smells like a skunk factory because of all the teenagers smoking.

There's a sign at the park that says "Bicycles are not permitted on paved pathways". Interpret that as you will.

It's pretty great, techy terrain in there.

good input. As long as I'm not on paved pathways... not sure it's the best place to take my dog though, if there is that much people and traffic there.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plenty of locals ride there. Good parking across the street at the bowling alley not that I would ever ride illegally ;).

Empty-b

I've rode here twice, honestly didn't know bikes weren't allowed. Sign made it seem like it was ok on the trails. First time I went on a weekend no one said anything to us about it. 2nd time was during the week after work, some guy who lived across the street from the park was giving me a hard time about it. I haven't gone back since.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180507_171322.jpg
    MVIMG_20180507_171322.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 358
Top Bottom