Droppers? Offset ones?

The Thomson is the dopest of the dope. But the lever is the dumbest thing on the planet so even after selling a kidney to buy one, you'll need to also buy a Wolf Tooth lever.

I have a Reverb that's about 2 years old and has been flawless. Of course, it's one no one can buy yet so probably doesn't help. My Specialized post has also been flawless so far.

Obviously I can't comment on that. But of all the droppers on the market, the Reverb seems to have the most negative reports. That said it probably comes on more bikes than any other dropper so there's a much larger base of people abusing them.

Emily Batty was racing an electronic reverb at MSA. That'll probably be a reliable product. LOL.

Dropper Q: Do droppers inherently have (rotational) seat wiggle?

Background - I dont run a dropper, and the only one I recall seeing in-person had enought play to forever drive me nuts!

Background - I dont run a dropper, and the only one I recall seeing in-person had enought play to forever drive me nuts!

Not in my very limited experience. Have KS Supernatural (which is not exactly a high-end dropper) and have never had an issue with rotational wiggle. It is one of the issues you see addressed on boards but seems like it's relatively easy to remedy in most models.

Not in my very limited experience. Have KS Supernatural (which is not exactly a high-end dropper) and have never had an issue with rotational wiggle. It is one of the issues you see addressed on boards but seems like it's relatively easy to remedy in most models.

Yes, all do, to some degree. The best ones have brass keys, soft enough to not damage the aluminum elements, hard enough to resist being quickly destroyed (like plastic keys).

I have had 3 KS LEVs now....all have failed at one point...they still work...but they will drop like a 1/2" when you sit on them. Only nice thing was that I sent it back and they fixed all of them (even the used ones I bought) free of charge.

Love the 60mm dropper on my XC bike @David Taylor

I decided to go with the Specialized Command post as I need the offset. I went with 125mm. The team gives us a great discount. I was really skeptical to buy one as I never really felt the need for it in XC but the 1/2 descents at Shen and training at ringwood can leave stains in your pants.

I've heard from a lot of people that their Fox dropper is pretty reliable. That seems to be the common feedback on them.
What does @Mountain Bike Mike have to say about that?

On my first dropper, stealth reverb, around 130-150 hours.on it over 7 months and lots of poop conditions. I did do the 100 hour service around 100 hours.

Keep in mind that Reverb intervals are 50 and 100 hours.

Last edited:

I've had one that did (Crank Bros - long time ago) and one that doesn't (Fox). Even the one with wiggle never bothered me when riding.

Back
Top Bottom