dropper post recommendation

skully

looking to install a dropper post on my 2015 fuel ex 7 .. it will have to have the cable on the outside not inside , thinking about 150 of travel .. I am 6'2 and the frame is 21' and the drive train is a2x10.. any thoughts ??? input ?? likes ?? dislikes?? ... I have been looking at the fox transfer or a ks lev ..... thanks

i think the new fox transfer post is supposed to be the real deal. has an option for external routing.

i have a thomson elite with external routing and it's real nice. the only thing i'm not crazy about on the thomson is that it has to go back to them if it ever needs service.

also - the stock lever on the thomson is just not good. i ended up getting a specialized lever for 60 more american dollars.

my transfer has been solid for about a year now. Long term reliability won't be known until the end of the season since they're only a year old but so far so good and zero vertical play. Can't beat that kashima look either and the post mounted cable looks cleaner than the clamp mount of ks,rs, thomson, etc

My specialized has 1 great and unique quality. When it sticks in the cold, and they all do, you can pull it back up. Try that with a KS or (LOL) reverb.

This may not be a popular option because it's not hydraulic, but the Gravity Dropper is gangster! I ran the turbo version on my last two full suspension bikes, and it is rock solid. I had to replace the cable housing once after a crash, but it was easy enough for me to do it. I don't think they have an internally routable option unfortunately, but it doesn't sound like that's a problem for you.

I have the Fox D.O.S.S. on my 2008 Fuel EX and have been very happy with it. Have the lever set up under the left side with an old Gripshift Xray for the front deraillier...works nice! I like having the post drop to the same spot every time, not sure if that would be a selling point for you.
Jim

another +1 for the fox transfer.. only had for 8 months but within that time my buddies ks lev has been sent out for servicing for 2 of those months.

only thing i can say is it got alittle stick when using it in like 15-20 degree weather this winter, but i think thats pretty normal for all of them.

wow .. thanks for all the input guys .. sounds like the fox is the way to go .. will the wolfs tooth lever work on a 2x10 ??

What's wrong with the fox lever?
Seems to work fine for me.

I also run the transfer post.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Fox lever. It's just that the Wolftooth one seems a bit better designed and coupon codes actually work on it. Both are overpriced. :)

Wolftooth is very adjustable for positioning which is nice. And if you're a clean cockpit person it can attach directly to Shimano/Avid brakes.

Only downside to the Wolftooth is it has a machined face for friction, which tears up your finger if you're not wearing gloves.

I have the Fox Transfer Kashima with Wolftooth Lever (I did not like the small Fox lever).

The Fox has been rock solid even at 14 Deg F. My riding buddy has a 9Point8 and my Bro has the New Rockshox both do not work consistently in cold weather.

The 9Point8 always need to be fiddled with to work constantly. And the Rockshox needs to be bled periodically.

My Fox with 700 mile since Jan just has worked flawlessly.

We are replacing my Sons 9Point8 with a Fox and will be selling it (30.9 with 100 drop) if anyone interested.

Back
Top Bottom