Drop bar to flat bar conversion?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
You can totes do this btw
B3806147-1338-4366-8819-3CBDC2EF7FD9.jpeg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Coming from a MTB, it took me a while to get used to drop bars. Maybe you should keep trying? I don't know how long you have been....

@UtahJoe used to ride ridiculously wide drop bars, maybe that's something you can try

vanseggern1

Coming from a MTB, it took me a while to get used to drop bars. Maybe you should keep trying? I don't know how long you have been....

@UtahJoe used to ride ridiculously wide drop bars, maybe that's something you can try
I definitely plan to keep trying. In hindsight, it was probably a little premature of me to start this thread as it really hasn’t been that long at all.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're enjoying this a little too much, ya?

But hydro. You could switch to XT levers and di2 shifters easily if you wanted to do a flat bar conversion. But those are not the handlebars you are looking for.

vanseggern1

Ok. In what scenarios do you not feel comfortable? Turning at speed? Steep dowhills? Slow speed handling? Rough terrain? Any discomfort (hands, wrists, neck, back)? Do you ever ride in the drops or mostly on the hoods?
Mostly turning and rough terrain but I literally only have one WW ride and one race on the bike and that was the Nittany slick fest on bald tires so I didn’t even notice much else.

No discomfort. I know I should be on hoods and only use drops for steep downs or rough stuff.

Top Bottom