Drivetrain Cleaner?

rick81721

Lothar
Related - concrete garage floor/driveway cleaner for oil stains. Engine degreaser, let soak a few minutes, scrub with wire brush, cover with kitty litter, then sweep up. Works great - just did it

LukeW

Simple Green!
Strong enough to flush out all the gunk with a little scrubbing, and won't damage anything or stain floors. Can even be used (diluted for safety on a bike you care about) to clean a frame and wheels.

pkovo

I use Dupont Motorcycle degreaser in an aerosol can. I usually have it on hand for my motorcycles. Works well and I haven't noticed any ill effects. WD40 is my backup if I don't have that on hand.

Jbyrd13

I use Totally Awesome. Can be purchased at the Dollar store or Home Depot. I pull my chain, pour a splash in a tray and mix with lukewarm water. I let the chain sit while I wash my bike. The chainring, cassette and derailur pulleys are all sprayed with Totally Awesome and then cleaned using a nylon brush and rinsed. The chain is brushed as well then sprayed off, dried (pull through a towel) installed and the drive train relubed. I like WD40 Wet lube. It works very well and keeps my chain performing great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom