Don't Be A Mudder! A New JORBA Pamphlet

Fatduke

Announcing the arrival of JORBA's new muddy trails pamphlet "Don't Be A Mudder!"

The pamphlet delivers awareness and education in an accessible package. It's available in a printer-friendly version right here right now and on JORBA.org very soon. A tri-fold version is anticipated to be arriving at a bike shop near you in the coming weeks. Get the word out!

@KenS and I have been working on this over the past month and a half, ever since http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/cant-we-do-better-than-this.46441/#post-860038. Thanks to @KenS and JORBA for everything they do to develop and sustain our trails!!!

Attachments

• JORBA_ Muddy Trails Awareness Brochure - FINAL 3_19 (printer friendly).pdf
    636.6 KB · Views: 306
Thanks for the work, this is great! We should sticky this on top of every conditions section. I'm going to Staples later and try to get some printed out.

Nice work! I like that it makes reference to trailforks.com and mtbnj.com as a source for trail conditions. It would be great if more people took the time to update trailforks. Individuals can even link their trailforks account to their strava account which will automatically generate an email after a ride is uploaded with a link to update trail conditions. Trailforks is great but people need to actually update it for it to be effective.

Great stuff @Fatduke! Thank you for dedicating your time to making this happen. It's been a pleasure working with you, if you could even call my consultation work! The JORBA Board authorized a budget for this campaign, and is supporting @jdog and the Six Mile Chapter with the soft closure/signage efforts.

Thanks as well to the mtbnj.com community for bringing this issue to the forefront of our minds and demanding action. Together we can help to educate those who do not read the forums and the many more who truly need to learn about mud season and the way it damages trails and perceptions.

Why the childish and somewhat distracting dog image ? Maybe we can add an image of a MTB’r dropping gel wrappers ? I think it takes away from a serious effort to remain non-judgmental and all inclusive to all trail users. For the record I’m not a dog owner.

Back
Top Bottom