Doggie trailer?

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
This is such a silly idea even I wanna make fun of me. But I can be sorta...indulgent...where my pets are concerned.

So...
Doggie trailer?
But one that can be used...oh here it comes... on trails. You know just until she gets big enough to run.

All the dog trailers I looked at were 2 wheels and more for road/paths and not off road.

Something like that cool thing @jdog has for JORBA tools, but made for a doggie.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
You'd probably get an answer for this on the forum where people who drive with their dogs on their laps, and let their cats run along the rear window, go.

Rusty

Could connect you with my dog training expert (Mrs Rusty), but cart prob not the best idea. You'd be better served hiking with her in the woods to get her used to the environment if you eventually want to ride with her and expect her not to run off, when she is big enough to do that. I'd start with exposure to the environment and basic obedience with a perfect recall, before working the trail dog angle....just my two cents.

rick81721

Lothar
540c0f4d577d6bcb32ef5d1f349c6a20.jpg

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Could connect you with my dog training expert (Mrs Rusty), but cart prob not the best idea. You'd be better served hiking with her in the woods to get her used to the environment if you eventually want to ride with her and expect her not to run off, when she is big enough to do that. I'd start with exposure to the environment and basic obedience with a perfect recall, before working the trail dog angle....just my two cents.
Thanks for the tips but I am already familiar with the procedure. The cart is so I dont have to give up as much of my riding time while waiting for her to be "ready" Like this Sunday I have plans with some friends to do a Manasquan reservoir ride, it would be nice if I had a doggie trailer for the day so she could come too :(

edit add: like when my kids were very young, I refuse to give up what I wanted to do to stay home and watch and care for the kids. Instead they learned to bike, roller blade, camp, hike blah blah blah. And I drug them everywhere. I see no reason to do differently with the furry kid, within reason of course.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
another consideration is what kind of dog is it? will it even fit in a trialer comfortably (our 6-7 month old great pyrness is already too big to even consider that)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
you drug your kids? man, i missed out! :D

(did you leave that in there on purpose?)
How do you think she got them to be still in the trailer...
Sorry Jill that was just to easy.. and I knew what you meant :)

RobW

in all fairness here, I get that you want to bring your dog with you on a ride .... but its a DOG... dogs have legs and paws and love to run/walk/explore. yes, I understand that he is a puppy and may not be able to get a full sprint or run yet due to his abilities but I think that he will want to escape this cart more than ride in it. as previously mentioned, if you hike the puppy from an early age, they will understand that you are the leader of them. you carting them around in a trailer will make them feel "above " you because you are doing work and they are chillin.

Jase

Wait untill the dog is ready to be on the trails. Doggy trailer isn't the way to go. The dog will not like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom