Does anyone ride here?

MikeyBikey2000

So are there trails here or not? It's on my list and was gonna hit after cheesequake.

Don't bother with Cheesequake if you are more than 2 minutes away - it's literally a 1 mile loop. It has a couple of log piles and some rooty climbs but unless you are gonna be nearby, it's not worth taking a trip to.

rick81721

Lothar
Don't bother with Cheesequake if you are more than 2 minutes away - it's literally a 1 mile loop. It has a couple of log piles and some rooty climbs but unless you are gonna be nearby, it's not worth taking a trip to.

Yeah I was there - did about half the loop then snapped my derailleur hangar. That was enough!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m gonna go ahead and say you’ve scraped right on through the bottom of the barrel here.

Wildwalker

There are trails mainly used on horse back, lots of manure on trails.I hunt here and know it like the back of my hand. I just want to put out there that spring turkey hunting starts Saturday. So if any one heads out there just be mindful.

Wildwalker

There are trails mainly used on horse back, lots of manure on trails.I hunt here and know it like the back of my hand. I just want to put out there that spring turkey hunting starts Saturday. So if any one heads out there just be mindful.
Added note I have never seen anyone on a mtb on the trails. Just guys riding the roads, some are paved some are dirt/sand

grampaaah2

Just rode there recently and it was ok and maybe there is some potential. Parked at the base of the bowling pin, which is mostly fire road/ horse paths but with a decent climb The trails around Rising Sun lake had more single track and elevation change. the strava segment " Roller coaster " was good and with a bit of work could be awesome. Going to try and do some more exploring around Rising Sun and Perrineville as I heard that they were adding trails there recently. If anybody has suggestions let me know, I ride Clayton frequently, just looking to see if there is anything else in there area.

1631038080979.png

The Kalmyk

Just rode there recently and it was ok and maybe there is some potential. Parked at the base of the bowling pin, which is mostly fire road/ horse paths but with a decent climb The trails around Rising Sun lake had more single track and elevation change. the strava segment " Roller coaster " was good and with a bit of work could be awesome. Going to try and do some more exploring around Rising Sun and Perrineville as I heard that they were adding trails there recently. If anybody has suggestions let me know, I ride Clayton frequently, just looking to see if there is anything else in there area.

View attachment 166651
Lake dr on the map will lead you to more trail that will lead you to Perrinville lake park as well.

mtn

I have ridden there, but it was a looooong time ago. i think 96. As said in the previos post, it is mostly used by equestrians. the horse park of NJ is right
next to it. The place is big but the trails are (were) trashed. In the summer
the greenbrier is pretty nasty. The place has potential if someone is ambitous
enough to take on. Think a large clayton park.
Lol. ‘Looooong time ago’.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom