Do you ever think about moving out of state?

w_b

takes a month to buy a handgun after proper licensing?

yes, but they only properly license on the 6th tuesday of each month. And then, only if the supermoon was on the 5th Tuesday. o_O

"Maryland, New Jersey and Hawaii have laws that provide for the issuance of licenses, however, so rarely do officials actually grant a license or permit that they could be classified as "almost non issue"."

jnos

I wondered the same thing. I think the one that I dislike the most is that I cannot buy a 55 gallon drum and burn leaves in it.
Is this true? I was told (or maybe made up) that burning brush is illegal, but burning wood in a fire pit (or barrel) for recreation purposes is acceptable. This is why I always have a beer around when burning sticks. "Officer, this fire is recreational!" @Carson and/or Fireman @ekuhn feel free to weigh in.

rick81721

Lothar
Is this true? I was told (or maybe made up) that burning brush is illegal, but burning wood in a fire pit (or barrel) for recreation purposes is acceptable. This is why I always have a beer around when burning sticks. "Officer, this fire is recreational!" @Carson and/or Fireman @ekuhn feel free to weigh in.

Yeah that's true. My son's friend is a local fireman. If a neighbor objects to your backyard fire due to smoke/smell they can order you to put it out, but your neighbor would have to be a dick to call the cops

Captain Brainstorm

Well, sticking to gun laws...it takes much longer than a month to get a pistol permit which is only good for 90 days and one gun. Plus now, 10 round limits for mags, can't carry, can't stop on the way to or home from the range with a handgun, no hollowpoints, the AWB.

Sorry, I know this is a conversation for another thread, but it plays into the whole. The 10rd magazine ban is just ridiculous, hoping a future governor other than the ass we have changes this. It does nothing but hurt legal gun owners, criminals don't care, this was passed as an easy way to appease his liberal base, go back to hanging at the country club with your other billionaire buddies like Bloomberg and Corzine. Can't wait to see what the next knee-jerk reaction is.

one piece crank

Ok so totally unrelated topic. Anyone happen to own a 55 gallon drum they're not using?

Ask a farmer - they typically get a lot of 55g drums. We cut them vertically, then lay one half on top of one cut horizontally. This is a perfect Scout Troop fire barrel. Many places we camp allow open fires, but not ground fires (???). This is an acceptable solution.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the burn in back yard is per town or county.
We have a forest ranger friend who give us the right to burn after an inspection. We did this because the asshat mellinal behind us will look for anything to start trouble. Which reminds me @fidodie wheres my damn locomotives horn with remote?

one piece crank

We have a forest ranger friend who give us the right to burn after an inspection. We did this because the asshat mellinal behind us will look for anything to start trouble. Which reminds me @fidodie wheres my damn locomotives horn with remote?

I have also been told a cooking fire is A-OK. So we keep something handy - pot of water, Dutch oven cobbler, marshmellos...

I wouldn't offer s'mores to your millennial neighbor, you might be on the hook for burning him.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Tell your millennial neighbor to stop being micro-aggressive, they should understand what that means and run away in fear that they've offended one of your protected characteristics. They will be completely neurotic that they were in some way politically incorrect with you.

On the other hand, offer s'mores. Chances are their liberal parents never took them camping or introduced them to the out doors. Eating a properly constructed s'more can be a life-changing experience, and may just bring them around.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

i'm trying to save you the ticket. and i looked at it yesterday if that means anything.

Captain Brainstorm

I live in a neighborhood full of pyros, someone is always burning something, year round. Everyone more or less has a fire pit of some sort. My one neighbor has a fire going literally every day, I don’t know if it ever really goes out. Only time the police ever came was when my other neighbor got overly comfortable and tried to burn an old stump out of his lawn. Cops didn’t come because someone called, they saw the plume of smoke.

jklett

Yeah that's true. My son's friend is a local fireman. If a neighbor objects to your backyard fire due to smoke/smell they can order you to put it out, but your neighbor would have to be a dick to call the cops
I had one of my neighbors call the state forest fire service on me for burning sticks and roasting marshmallows with my kids. Said I was burning garbage. I said then why were we cooking over it? Turns out you need a permit for a frigging fire pit here even if it has a grate on it and the hose is nearby. I'd move in a heartbeat if I could afford it, this state isn't the place I grew up in anymore and that's just one example. Sorry, feathers got a little ruffled thinking about that incident.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I had one of my neighbors call the state forest fire service on me for burning sticks and roasting marshmallows with my kids. Said I was burning garbage. I said then why were we cooking over it? Turns out you need a permit for a frigging fire pit here even if it has a grate on it and the hose is nearby. I'd move in a heartbeat if I could afford it, this state isn't the place I grew up in anymore and that's just one example. Sorry, feathers got a little ruffled thinking about that incident.

Its only going to get worse once Generation Snowflake gets a little older and starts breeding. Hopefully whatever flavored concoction they vape, and their skinny jeans, lowers their sperm count and cuts off the circulation to their little nads.

Top Bottom