do more expensive chains last longer?

Rusty

I am not understanding the KMC love here as the only two chains that ever broke on me were KMC. I vote for the higher end SRAM chains, never did me wrong.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

aka sptimmy43
View attachment 77501
Sometimes if I am not paying attention I will go 700 mile. But a worn ring is what kills everything. I think RF aluminum rings wear out fast. Steel would last longer and the chain would last longer too.

I've got a Raceface ring with about 1100 miles on it. Maybe that's why I'm getting dropped chains recently. Anyway, Raceface now offers a steel direct mount chainring for their CINCH cranks.

As far as the topic at hand I like the xx1 SRAM chains.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've got a Raceface ring with about 1100 miles on it. Maybe that's why I'm getting dropped chains recently.
Yeah... this is it... when you start hearing a little noise, kinda like the rear mech is off a little, that's your chainring telling you it's done.

Reactions: Tim

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The only chains I can complain about are the SRAM 11 speed chains that came with our two GX 11 speed groups. Maybe 500 miles out of them?

There's so many variables that go into chains. How often they're oiled, environment, etc.

I run a mix on all the other bikes, never feel they need to be changed quickly. KMC/SRAM/Shimano depending on what's on sale or I ended up with.

RSAmerica

DA12FFCB-655D-4DA2-BE3D-BCC8F56A2EA2.jpeg

If you wait to long a new chain on a old cassette will skip like these school girls.

Top Bottom