Do any local shops carry seat binder bolts?

rlb

Looking for one like this, but I'm not sure on the length.

prbnd1-1.jpg

Fire Lord Jim

Two shops: one in my basement, another in Ewing. Remove the nut, and measure the bolt length. From that I will check inventory.

rlb

I should have expalined better, Im building up the frame. The bolt is missing so I don't have one to measure. The "outside" measurement of the tabs on the frame is 27mm but I know that's not a very useful number.

Karate Monkey

You need a bolt that is (inside to inside) 25-ish mms. Gives it room to close down the slot/account for sloppy measurement. You can always throw an 8mm ID washer on to take up extra room, if necessary.

Fire Lord Jim

I will be at the shop Thursday. I will measure for 27mm fully extended. I will bring it back to Ringoes area. Figure $3 for the right bolt and nut. All proceeds go to charity.

Reactions: rlb

w_b

Rob, I can always shorten it for you if need be. EZPZ.

Can't make it longer tho.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

I will be at the shop Thursday. I will measure for 27mm fully extended. I will bring it back to Ringoes area. Figure $3 for the right bolt and nut. All proceeds go to charity.

I'm actually much closer to Flemington but I can't make it out there today. Either way let me know what you have and I'll come get it at some point.

Fire Lord Jim

No but I live on the other side of 22 so I can possibly meet you before the ride if you'll be there. The caveat being my 4 month old, the timing might be tricky.
I will do the group ride. I will bring the bolt. You can't miss me--I will have a truck with a bike in it! Bring $3.

rlb

I will do the group ride. I will bring the bolt. You can't miss me--I will have a truck with a bike in it! Bring $3.

What kind of truck am I looking for? PMed you my cell number, if you send me yours I will text you in the AM to let you know if I can meet you. It all depends on when the little one awakens from her slumber.

Thanks for this, I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom