Disc specific rim

Frank

Sasquatch
Have to change the hoops on my RFX and was looking at the Mavic XM 719 rims. Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking for the perfect rim...light as a feather and wookie proof at the same time :rolleyes:. Even though I hail from Allaire I do spend some time playing at Allamuchy so I need a sturdy hoop. I would prefer tubeless but I could convert. Any recommendations?

Have to change the hoops on my RFX and was looking at the Mavic XM 719 rims. Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking for the perfect rim...light as a feather and wookie proof at the same time :rolleyes:. Even though I hail from Allaire I do spend some time playing at Allamuchy so I need a sturdy hoop. I would prefer tubeless but I could convert. Any recommendations?

If your thinking tubeless, why not the Mavic 819's? JDog built up a set for me a few years ago and they have been bulletproof.

That would make sense now would it:eek:. I was trying to save a few bucks on it and trying to avoid another tool purchase as well. I am more concerned about the durability though and since you give them a thumbs up I will consider those. Any other rims other than Mavic that would compare?

I think the 819's occupy that sweet spot you are looking for. Reasonably lightweight yet burly enough to stand up to Wookies doing jumps of up to a few feet. I'm running UST tires & Stan's with these and they have not burped on me once yet. I usually run about 27-28 psi.

I would go with the 819s as well...I have a set and they have taken a beating.

They are relatively light weight as well.

Stans 355s on my Nomad have been good so far and they taken some good hits but only about 20 rides on them. Maybe someone else has longer term report can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom