Dickerson Mine Trail Directory

BuzzBomber

I really need to check out the trails here one of these days since I'm in the area every workday. Is there actually an access point/connector off Canfield near the school, or are the beach lots on the north and south ends the preferred access?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really need to check out the trails here one of these days since I'm in the area every workday. Is there actually an access point/connector off Canfield near the school, or are the beach lots on the north and south ends the preferred access?
Use the gravel lot on Frank St. Ride the fire road up from the lot and you'll run into the White trail at the top which sort of connects everything.

3MTA3

You can also access from the Randolph Beach parking lot on Green Lane and ride around and past Randolph Lake and Mine Hill Beach which is a nice warm up. It also lets you park right near Marty's Reliable Cycle in case you need to stop in before or after your ride.

BuzzBomber

You can also access from the lot behind "Buxton Athletic" in the industrial park off of Canfield. That's a little bit more convenient for me, so I usually start from there.
Yeah, I saw mention of parking there but wasn't sure if it was still being "allowed". Which end of the building is trail access typically from? Thanks in advance.
You can also access from the Randolph Beach parking lot on Green Lane and ride around and past Randolph Lake and Mine Hill Beach which is a nice warm up. It also lets you park right near Marty's Reliable Cycle in case you need to stop in before or after your ride.
That one I knew about - good to know you have to go around the lake first, I was thinking you could go up right past the beach. Does look like a decent warm-up loop though.

ebarker9

Yeah, I saw mention of parking there but wasn't sure if it was still being "allowed". Which end of the building is trail access typically from? Thanks in advance.

I have yet to have an issue although I haven't parked over there yet this year. The parking spaces back there are usually totally empty, so it doesn't seem like it would be causing anyone any trouble as long as you stay out of the way of the trucks that are coming and going. The most obvious trail access is from the northwestern corner of that lot, which is right at the top of Marty's trail, but there are a couple of other spots that connect as well.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
You can park at the School on Canfield too, but only when school is out. Access is directly across street.

BuzzBomber

BRB lot would be just about perfect actually, because I pass right by getting on 10W from Sussex Turnpike almost every day on the way home.

I thought I read there was a connection to Canfield by the school but it must be pretty overgrown, I haven't been able to see it driving past. I'll look more closely next time!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
BRB lot would be just about perfect actually, because I pass right by getting on 10W from Sussex Turnpike almost every day on the way home.

I thought I read there was a connection to Canfield by the school but it must be pretty overgrown, I haven't been able to see it driving past. I'll look more closely next time!
Haven't been there in a while but it shouldnt be overgrown. Agree it's hard to see driving past but not when you're on foot/bike. Leads right to the new trail.

ebarker9

Rode the dick last night, all dry and running fast !! Didn't hit the new trail, I suspect it should be fine by the weekend.

I rode the new trail last weekend and it was pretty muddy to the point where I kind of regretted it halfway through. It's also the trail that runs up to/adjacent to Canfield, so that would be the place to enter trail system from across the school.

3MTA3

The trail entrance is pretty much right across the street from the sign for the school. There is also street parking there.

There are a number of trouble spots that need to be addressed so keep your eyes open for trail maintenance days.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions