DH/FR Marketplace?

mtn

I've been trying to find either a site, bulletin board, or facebook group to sell DH/FR specific gear, but cannot seem to locate anything other than in the UK. Where are the local groups?

mtn

Thanks guys. I requested to join that facebook site. Hard to find local buyers on those sites.

Ian F

I've used Facebook groups mostly lately, although mainly for what's left of my vintage stuff. I haven't really tried to sell newer stuff yet. I usually give it a month or so there, and then eBay.

However - be warned - if you need something to actually sell, be prepared to accept a sale price far less than original. Especially if it's 26". A $6K+ bike from a few years ago is worth maybe $2K now. Guys who bought some of the last 26" DH bikes really got screwed.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am always interested in DH/freeride and I am sure some others. So post here also.

mtn

I've used Facebook groups mostly lately, although mainly for what's left of my vintage stuff. I haven't really tried to sell newer stuff yet. I usually give it a month or so there, and then eBay.

However - be warned - if you need something to actually sell, be prepared to accept a sale price far less than original. Especially if it's 26". A $6K+ bike from a few years ago is worth maybe $2K now. Guys who bought some of the last 26" DH bikes really got screwed.
Yeah I took a hit two years ago when I sold my Session 8. However, I mostly have new clothing (see bits and pieces), so hopefully that retains it's value. I slashed them a lot already.

Top Bottom