Devils staircase

Y

yuki

I checked out Mahlon for the first time yesterday and was really impressed with the trails- I stayed mostly on the yellow- parking by the summit lot and then heading clockwise South on yellow to gate to saffins pond, up the coal rd and then hung a right just at the end of the park's NW end...then details are a bit muddled...think i took swamp trail to the green and pale yellow??? the trails weren't so clearly marked. In the end, it turned out to be the hardest 10 miler I've ever done. When I got home i tried to compare my gps data (which i'm having difficulty loading) with the maps I found online. I was able to find stone gate, the wall, turtle...but I can't seem to find Devils staircase marked on any map. Would anyone happen to know where it's located?

Thanks! happy riding :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It starts at the same place Stone Gate does. You could go right, down Devil's Staircase or left, onto Stone Gate. The very end of Stone Gate dumps you onto Devil's Staircase, which is the bumpy-bumpy-bumpy finish to the downhill before the fire road gets smooth.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions