Demo Day Etiquette

JohnnyWestood

Sorry if this in the wrong place. What are the do’s and dont’s of a demo day? I read in MBA this month that I should bring pedals (don’t have), not to tip, to bring food/beverage ( I’m not because that’s weird). Got me thinking, what should I bring/do?

Obviously a helmet, hydration, correct foot ware, anything else? I don’t want to be rude to people who are being so generous.

I plan on attending Hilltop’s demo day on Sunday. Is it first come first serve? If someone takes a bike do they bring it back for others to try or do they have it all day? I need an XL, so if that’s not available I’m basically at an outdoor showroom.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We have pedals, just bring you and a helmet. Test rides are 30 minute loops so if there's a bike out it'll be back soon enough. Bikes are first come so do try to arrive early if there's a specific bike you want. Or, call ahead to make sure that bike will even be there.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do bring your own pedals.
Do bring all your usual riding gear.
Do bring your own bike so you can still ride your bike around while waiting for a demo.
Do bring peanut M&M's to tip JimV.
Don't hog the bike all day.
Don't break the demo.
Don't steal the demo.

JohnnyWestood

We have pedals, just bring you and a helmet. Test rides are 30 minute loops so if there's a bike out it'll be back soon enough. Bikes are first come so do try to arrive early if there's a specific bike you want. Or, call ahead to make sure that bike will even be there.
Thank you sir! Looking forward to it. Hope it’s not too muddy, but I think that’s inevitable.

JohnnyWestood

Do bring your own pedals.
Do bring all your usual riding gear.
Do bring your own bike so you can still ride your bike around while waiting for a demo.
Do bring peanut M&M's to tip JimV.
Don't hog the bike all day.
Don't break the demo.
Don't steal the demo.
I’m sure some lawyer can argue that the peanut M&M’s are compensation for the bike. :)

Thanks for the tips. I stress out over things like this. Don’t want to be “that guy who...”.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Like you stole it.... So away from where you find it as fast and as long as possible?

qclabrat

Checked FB, and looks like it was cancelled as of yesterday due to cold and expected low turn out

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Screenshot_20180114-094535.png

Top Bottom