Demo Day Etiquette

It was in the “What’s happening this weekend”thread. And discussed in my Demo Day Etiquette thread which you corresponded with me on.

@jimvreeland

I posted it on what's happening thread... Because it was something that was happening this weekend. If it's on Facebook and I know about it, I'm posting it.

Edit: the demo was still on when I posted about it both times. I'm really sorry @JohnnyWestood that you drove all the way out there for nothing.

Last edited:
Oh, I missed it posted here and assumed he saw the FB Event. The etiquette thread was just about what to do and not the event itself. Maybe tag me next time and I'll keep everyone in the loop.

@jimvreeland

I posted it on what's happening thread... Because it was something that was happening this weekend. If it's on Facebook and I know about it, I'm posting it.

Edit: the demo was still on when I posted about it both times. I'm really sorry @JohnnyWestood that you drove all the way out there for nothing.
No problem. At least I know how to get there now. I originally went to the Allaire Village lot and saw all the No Bike signs and was really confused. Then I saw some people with bikes on their cars and found the lot.

I lurked for a while. I saw a big silver van so I thought maybe. It had seats in it so I started asking around. Everyone was nice.

Oh, I missed it posted here and assumed he saw the FB Event. The etiquette thread was just about what to do and not the event itself. Maybe tag me next time and I'll keep everyone in the loop.
You kind of know it’s going to be cold in January, no? People who turn out on a cold day to demo bikes would probably be pretty serious about buying a bike. I know I am.

Maybe next time.

facebook should not be relied on for communications. Posts do not reach all of your followers unless you pay them. So even if he was on facebook, there is a chance that your message wouldn't have been shown to him.

maybe next time change the event title to "CANCELLED: Demo... " on FB so that it comes up right away and isn't buried in the discussion posts. i didn't realize until i saw the post asking WTF everyone was.

and i'll try to double check the links more when the weather looks iffy. i just figured a demo in january would still happen in the cold because january is always cold.

again... really sorry @JohnnyWestood :/

maybe next time change the event title to "CANCELLED: Demo... " on FB so that it comes up right away and isn't buried in the discussion posts. i didn't realize until i saw the post asking WTF everyone was.

and i'll try to double check the links more when the weather looks iffy. i just figured a demo in january would still happen in the cold because january is always cold.

again... really sorry @JohnnyWestood :/
I’m not mad at anyone over it. It was a nice day for a drive. And next time I know how to get there.

It was eye opening how full the lot was in January. Didn’t expect that. We got some hardcore peeps in NJ. Is there overflow parking for when the weather is nice?

It was eye opening how full the lot was in January. Didn’t expect that. We got some hardcore peeps in NJ. Is there overflow parking for when the weather is nice?
Allaire is one of the busiest mtb destinations in NJ. Sunday was the first day to get back on trails at Allaire since the last snow storm shut trails down for over a week.

This place is so popular because there is very little elevation and not technically difficult to ride but at the same time the trails are fast and flowee, which makes the trails fun for a wider range of mtbers. Also it drains fairly quickly, so you don't have to wait too long after rains/precip.

Overflow parking is usually done along the road.

Back
Top Bottom