Demo Day Etiquette

Sorry if this in the wrong place. What are the do’s and dont’s of a demo day? I read in MBA this month that I should bring pedals (don’t have), not to tip, to bring food/beverage ( I’m not because that’s weird). Got me thinking, what should I bring/do?

Obviously a helmet, hydration, correct foot ware, anything else? I don’t want to be rude to people who are being so generous.

I plan on attending Hilltop’s demo day on Sunday. Is it first come first serve? If someone takes a bike do they bring it back for others to try or do they have it all day? I need an XL, so if that’s not available I’m basically at an outdoor showroom.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

jimvreeland

Shop: Hilltop Bicycles
Shop Keep
We have pedals, just bring you and a helmet. Test rides are 30 minute loops so if there's a bike out it'll be back soon enough. Bikes are first come so do try to arrive early if there's a specific bike you want. Or, call ahead to make sure that bike will even be there.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do bring your own pedals.
Do bring all your usual riding gear.
Do bring your own bike so you can still ride your bike around while waiting for a demo.
Do bring peanut M&M's to tip JimV.
Don't hog the bike all day.
Don't break the demo.
Don't steal the demo.

We have pedals, just bring you and a helmet. Test rides are 30 minute loops so if there's a bike out it'll be back soon enough. Bikes are first come so do try to arrive early if there's a specific bike you want. Or, call ahead to make sure that bike will even be there.
Thank you sir! Looking forward to it. Hope it’s not too muddy, but I think that’s inevitable.

Do bring your own pedals.
Do bring all your usual riding gear.
Do bring your own bike so you can still ride your bike around while waiting for a demo.
Do bring peanut M&M's to tip JimV.
Don't hog the bike all day.
Don't break the demo.
Don't steal the demo.
I’m sure some lawyer can argue that the peanut M&M’s are compensation for the bike. :)

Thanks for the tips. I stress out over things like this. Don’t want to be “that guy who...”.