Deer Park Saturday 9:30am.

D

DANSPANK

Call me stoopid but I couldn't see this trail listed in the directory. Where is it?

My girlfriend and the hound usually come along and walk about whilst I ride, if the park is closed will that be a no, no for the dog walk?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
DANSPANK said:
Call me stoopid but I couldn't see this trail listed in the directory. Where is it?

My girlfriend and the hound usually come along and walk about whilst I ride, if the park is closed will that be a no, no for the dog walk?

It's the section of Allamuchy south of Route 80.

Laura T

Some friends of mine rode at Kittatiny last night (Weds 7/6) and said all the parking lots were blocked off. There was no 'public' parking area open. (They had parked in an 'alternative' area which somehow did not get blocked off.) I suspect the main entrance to Deer Park will likely be closed unless this budget situation magically gets resolved between now and Saturday.

You could probably still ride at Deer Park, but you might want to find somewhere else to park.

Idea: After exiting Route 80 onto Rt 517 (heading South towards Hackettstown), there's a shopping area which includes the 7-11, a gas station, and a pizza place. From there, the street entrance to Deer Park is only 1 mile down the road. Maybe you could park by the 7-11 and then ride into the park. (?)

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Laura T said:
Idea: After exiting Route 80 onto Rt 517 (heading South towards Hackettstown), there's a shopping area which includes the 7-11, a gas station, and a pizza place. From there, the street entrance to Deer Park is only 1 mile down the road. Maybe you could park by the 7-11 and then ride into the park. (?)

That's Panther Valley and I was thinking that would be the perfect alternate parking area with a nice warm up ride to the trail head.

-jay

ytc100

smarencik said:
scott: can we push this to 9:00?

9am is fine with me. How about everyone else?

I'm not sure about riding right into the main "Closed" entrance. May not even matter by the weekend.
There is an alternate entrance off waterloo rd somewhere as well.
Thoughts?

M

MCAWVU

i'd like to ride with you guys and the time is fine with me...the only problem is in state parks it is now illegal to ride and if caught you could get fined for tresspassing...normally i'd say not to worry but the guys patrolling aren't getting paid and are quite pissed off...i'm sure we can all outrun them but if you found a county park to ride it would probably be better since i don't believe county parks are closed

either way i'd need directions since i've never ridden there before

ytc100

MCAWVU said:
i'd like to ride with you guys and the time is fine with me...the only problem is in state parks it is now illegal to ride and if caught you could get fined for tresspassing...normally i'd say not to worry but the guys patrolling aren't getting paid and are quite pissed off...i'm sure we can all outrun them but if you found a county park to ride it would probably be better since i don't believe county parks are closed

either way i'd need directions since i've never ridden there before

Again, from what I've heard, it is not illegal to use the trails in the parks:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=205848

Check out post #13.

M

MCAWVU

i just heard they passed a budget so i guess we don't have to worry about that anyway...anyone have directions from the Rutherford area?

S

Stan LeCupp

Directions

Take 80 west to exit 19.Make a left on to route 517.Go around 2.3 miles.make a left onto deerpark rd (opposite restaurant
on right) .Follow and park in first parking lot.

Looks like parks should be open by the weekend, if not there's a fishing spot off waterloo rd we could park at and ride in .

I'm flexable on time ,9am is good with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MCAWVU

thanks for the directions...hopefully i can keep up with you guys!!:eek:

how technical is the ride?

ytc100

mcawvu - don't worry about keeping up, we don't drop anyone. The ride won't be technical at all for the most part.

cem - uh oh, are you bringing that single speed? :rolleyes:

ytc100

9am Deer Park

Just to confirm:

9am Main Lot at Deer Park.

Seems as thought the parks will be open Saturday and if not, hey, close enough.

Top Bottom