Deer Park Conditions

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wanted to thank @jdgang, @mtnman0312, and Chris C for meeting with me on Saturday am to show Deer Park some love. Were able to address some of the heavy overgrowth on the White. Started just before the large log over and worked out way out to the intersection of White & Blue before running out of time and energy.

All excessive overgrowth had been knocked back; clearing overgrowth on insides of turns allowing better visibility, and knocking back the pesky thorns and barberry bushes that tend to open up our arms. The big item was to knock back the heavy...heavy overgrowth just before the large log over. You can now see straight down the hill and right to the log over.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So will wait for @mattybfat to comment - but my third time through some of the trails and the same wet spots are wet, and
the rest was nice and tacky, and hilly, and rocky...

so it got a perfect from me....

and i learned to concentrate on the log overs, rather than talking about fig trees, or whatever the topic was there.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@fidodie lol you can't beat them all. Park is ripping fast, Burke and crew did a great job in some whack back of overgrowth. I been making mental notes what needs to be cleaned. Probably gonna do a ride and clear day this Sunday. Oh those wet spots are wet 325 days a year.

infra_ed

Very fast in some parts. Went from yellow at trail head up and around to white to red then blue back to the yellow. Red is starting to be a bit overgrown so go slow especially if it is a bit wet. Overall, a very fun ride.

rocbike

Did various parts of yellow, white, blue and red yesterday, as well as one unmarked trail. Conditions were beautiful. Nice and fast in some areas. A little mud here and there. Red starting to get overgrown but the other trails were nice and clean. Thanks for working on them.

JSko

Did a ride today around lunch. Trails are in good shape, a bit more muddy that normal in the usual spots, but everything else was fine. Left the first lot on the unmarked to yellow. Climbed white to red, and then went back up white at the blue/white split. Red is overgrown still, but it did seemed a bit more open that normal.

Robin

Know it's a busy time of year - but wanted to let "the TM gods" know..

smaller tree down on trail out of lot - it's not fully blocking trail and smaller saw could probably handle.

one of the wooden planks on the the white trail (near Green intersection) is broken/collapsed

very large tree down on White between Orange an Blue. Trail is completely blocked/need to bushwack around.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Robin
Out of parking is this the parking lot trail or the white trail?. I clipped the birch trail the other day.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Geez I just cleared 2 trees in the same spot this month. Ok thanks for the heads up...

icolquhoun

DP was in great shape 2 days ago. beware you will be wackin/schwackin to/from school or gas station lot something serious( i just put my head down and plowed for at least 1/8 mile through the field headed out to panther valley) but the trails in the park itself are in fine shape. even the wet spot on white was dry!!!!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I brushed back the first half of the birch trail from yellow last week. @pedals went in and hit the school trail today. So a little less blood deposit. I am hoping to get the red trail cleaned up in the next few days...

ktmrider

Hit DP today/night wow it seemed to get dark quick , I wanted to say thx to the crew that cut it back . There are several trees down PM me if you want details . oh and there is a cheater line developing on rouge where the 180 turn is to the off camber rock . It will erode quickly

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are terrible
Sad to see some many people road here this weekend. I basically did more walking then riding and eventually landed on the fire road which was also slow. It's gonna be rut city once it freezes.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's a tree down across Deer Park Road just past the last house on the left.

Impassable until cleared.

jackx

There are 2 large trees down across the Orange trail. One is right near the 2 brooks / water crossings, and the other is closer to Waterloo Rd.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode here today and was disappointed to see absolutely zero love giving to this park. Friends and Myself used to put a lot of effort into this park, circumstances have changed and quite frankly it pisses me off. Great job boys!

Washed out trails
Cheater lines
Rouge trails
Over grown trails
Low hangers and widow makers
Too many trees down to count

And all this on the basic white loop

I have been riding this park for over 25 years and it's in the worst shape ever.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom