Deer Park Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tomorrow 2/8 10am trail blazing. 7/11 trail is packed to the lake. Let's ride in with bikes with shoes in tow and knock down some of the outer white...

Pampa

Did a loop on snowshoes today (see below). Some parts were frozen, some had a lot of drift snow, or the crust was giving up. I'll try to do the same loop tomorrow so I can complete a first set of tracks.

If you're in the area and tired of reading how much fun other fatty riders are having fun in other parks, come tomorrow and do some snowshoeing :D The snow should be easy to pack tomorrow and we can layout a trail that we can ride and maintain easily after tomorrow. If we don't do this I think the uneven path is going to freeze next week and it will be shitty to ride.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/702907789

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4 of us did the 7-11 trail which can be on a road bike to left on white to right on red around the lake up the road and back into white. Probably close to 6 miles, Segundo hit the trails by the first parking lot so after tonight's freeze we will have some solid trails. Snow is deep and if you get off trail it maybe a real ballbanger!
uploadfromtaptalk1424637614065.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424637662959.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks to Segundo for getting his family out there.

Thanks to Ian and his wife Noel for helping the cause and of course Patty.

Pampa

Thank you too Matty! Now we don't have to travel too far to ride our fattys :) It's not too much but is a start. From this we can add more trail every week.

I got out with wife and 3 boys for one short loop (they had other stuff to do unfortunately). Then I did the same loop widening it (the trail is about 3 snowshoe widths on avg.). I was pretty tired after that but had to try it so I did a loop with the fatty. It was great, did all the climb on white out of the 1st parking lot w/o a dab.

When I got to the fork where Matty's group continued in white and my family came back on the fireroad and yellow?, I tried white. It was ok at the beginning, but some spots where the sun had been hitting hard were pretty soft so fell in a few places. Around the lake it was the worse. Lots of snow due to drift, and soft from the sun hitting that whole section.

This last part needs another pass, I think, to smooth it out and widen it a bit. Even if it freezes and holds the weights of the bike, some parts are pretty bumpy right now as the snow was really deep.

As the temp went down I had to add some air to the tires and did a final short lap on the bike. The snow was starting to harden in the places with shade and you could go really fast there.

Anyway, bottom line is, if you have a fatty and are on the area I think it's worth giving it a try. I'll try to get out on the bike+snowshoes on Tue, and do the lap around the lake.

Here are the parts are were walked/ridden: https://connect.garmin.com/activity/703910498 + the connection to 7/11, of course.

backen

4 of us went out today and rode the same loop, plus went out thru the field to the mall and back. all ride-able.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4 of us went out today and rode the same loop, plus went out thru the field to the mall and back. all ride-able.
This is good to hear, fatties? I want to get back and shoe the outer white but it's now short track season so my work is at bsa.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I may switch to skiing DP next week(that scenic overlook is just way too tempting)Couple days and the whole park will be flattened, but I cant promise you'll be on a trail:D

that VW guy

Those who rode DP yesterday, how would skinny tires do? Big thanks to those who are trying to get it to a rideable state!

CoryKraemer

Rode today on my FS from 8-10am. It was cold out so ground was frozen. Still lots of snow/ice on the trail and some dirt. Great for FatBike

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode today on my FS from 8-10am. It was cold out so ground was frozen. Still lots of snow/ice on the trail and some dirt. Great for FatBike
Yeah today would be the day as everything stayed frozen but please don't give it a positive rating as we know thaw is gonna make it a mess, thanks Cory...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Patty just went this am and place is still snow ice and mud. At least another couple of weeks...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There was still a lot of snow covered 5 days ago so I would imagine it has melted away but that would mean much standing water. Depending on rain this week it maybe good to go by the weekend. DP is a little bit slower then north in water drainage.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hit up most of DP on Monday. Overgrowth is starting to move in...watch your arms. Hoping to get out there early Saturday am with @jdgang to do some clearing off the trails.

There are two downed trees; one on the bottom of a descent just before the 2nd wooden bridge. Be cautious as I was in full bomb mode and had to shut it down quickly before doing a Superman into the brush. Other than that; the trails are in prime shape.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom