Dear Iggy - An Advice Column

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
why do you think it has gone dormant for almost 2 years?
I didn't want to get too popular, people start liking your shit, next thing you know some dude starts messaging you pics of his Johnson. I think there is a scientific ratio for social media that says for every 10,000 likes, you get a dic pic sent to you. Is this fair, I don't know, I do know that nothing is free.

I'm like the 17 year cicada, I lay dormant for awhile to ensure survival. Let the predators munch on the common click bait cicadas, I know when to show up and when to leave. When I get to 9,999 likes I'm out.

Why did the Office leave, we need more Michael Scott and what about Game of Thrones, I need more medieval real boobs and sword fighting.
Since we're talking about bringing things back, let's bring back mtb races at Jungle, 909 and Tymor.
We can get rid of Auto tune that's way over used in kids music. The only goal of kids music is to be low brow , vulgar and more outrageous then the previous generation. The kids have succeeded, I am officially an old fart.

Let's get rid of selfie sticks, and limit selfie posts to 1/Wk. If you break the rule you get beaten with a selfie stick.

I don't know what it is about August, I always hear the crickets. Fall is coming, go out , lay dormant and listen, don't just survive dominate your life.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The kids have succeeded, I am officially an old fart.

I conceded this point to Mrs. 'rottin this morning as I watched a story on the news about some rapper who's plane made an emergency landing at Stewart last night. They said he just won song of the year on Monday on MTV VMA...I never heard of the song, never heard of the artist. I'm officially out of touch lol

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dick pic
20180822_073816.jpg

thegock

Dear Iggy,

We never talk. Where does the love go?

I have some important questions. About mountain biking.

Is it ok to ride muddy trails if they have not yet been authorized for use? Also, if you do so, is this better or worse than riding muddy trails that are authorized for use?

How about rouge trails that are shortcuts between other rouge trails? Which are better or worse to ride-the regular rogue trails or the “other” rogue trails?

Further, is it OK if we sanitize rogue trails or would this just compound the problem?

Some of my friends will not ride trails not yet been authorized for use. Should I then take the position that I will not ride so called “legal” trails with respect to these dweebs or is that unreasonable?

AFAF My tiny brain is in agony considering just these choices. Please help.

Your pal,

Roadie Prick

p.s. @pooriggy johnson pix to follow

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have some important questions. About mountain biking.
What are your questions. About Mountain biking.
Is it ok to ride muddy trails if they have not yet been authorized for use? Also, if you do so, is this better or worse than riding muddy trails that are authorized for use?
If you are riding trails that have not yet been authorized, you risk a penalty, at this point go all in and ride them if muddy as well. Riding authorized trails when muddy is a bad move since you are messing up someones work, unauthorized trails are like the wild west, anything goes.
How about rouge trails that are shortcuts between other rouge trails? Which are better or worse to ride-the regular rogue trails or the “other” rogue trails?
Rouge trails, Rogue trails, "other" rogue trails? You are confusing the shit out of me my good man, is this some type of ruse trail?
Further, is it OK if we sanitize rogue trails or would this just compound the problem?
Sanitized trails are like sanitized napkins, they will never go away because people need them.
Some of my friends will not ride trails not yet been authorized for use. Should I then take the position that I will not ride so called “legal” trails with respect to these dweebs or is that unreasonable?
Yes, absolutely.

roc

@pooriggy is it too late to aerate and seed my lawn? My lawn is a mess after all the rain, what's the best thing for me to do, to have it looking better in the spring? I

Mare

This is a fun column. I may have said that before, but I was MIA so I forgot about it. Or maybe I never said it was fun. Who knows. Anyway, I want a Dear Mare column for all the questions you don't want to ask Iggy. Not just about menstruation, but anything. Hehe!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dear Iggy,

Why is Maryanne trying to steal your advice column? And how did she get off Gilligan’s Island? And why did they name the island after the village idiot?

Best,
The Professor

walter

Fourth Party
Dear Iggy, i do my best to pack my daughter a somewhat healthy lunch for school every day, but like a good parent i always include a treat. Why a kid (who is quite intelligent btw) would choose to purchase baked lays over the free delicious cool ranch doritos is beyond me.

Help me Iggy.
Signed
Not so cool ranch dude in South Amboy.
20181020_080628.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why a kid (who is quite intelligent btw) would choose to purchase baked lays over the free delicious cool ranch doritos is beyond me.
It's all about the packaging and name brand recognition. I see some crappy generic corn chips in a cheap bag and I see some salty baked chips in a bag and brand that has recognition...impressionable young people are greatly influenced by brands. When i went to school, the kid with C&C Cola had the can wrapped in aluminum foil, the kid drinking Pepsi didnt need that aluminum foil.

Also since she is smart she is choosing a baked treat over something fried in trans fatty acids.

qclabrat

Dear Iggy, i do my best to pack my daughter a somewhat healthy lunch for school every day, but like a good parent i always include a treat. Why a kid (who is quite intelligent btw) would choose to purchase baked lays over the free delicious cool ranch doritos is beyond me.

Help me Iggy.
Signed
Not so cool ranch dude in South Amboy.
View attachment 79223
It's all about choice, for kids don't matter if it were apple or bagel chips either. Buying their own gives them a sense of Independence in front of their peers. Middle school is when I saw this happening, a perfectly assembled bento with all the fancy trimmings come back untouched. This kinda reminds me of the Eddie Murphy skit on McDs hamburgers. Try baked Lays in a ziplock next time and see what turns up? Carrot sticks....

Top Bottom