Dear Brain Trust: Hand Up Etiquette

The Squirrel

Dear Brain Trust,

This is a two part question.

1. What is the consensus on Halloween candy hand-up's? I got two bags and NO ONE at work needs more candy. Period.

2. If Milky Way's and Three Musketeer's are fine, then what's the rule about unwrapping it before it's handed up? My mother always told me not to take unwrapped candy at Halloween.

リス

I gave out a whole pack of Fig Newtons last year at Marty Cross. no wrappers there. Those candy bars are tough to chew though....

*Edit* I ate half the pack, and handed up the other half....
Shit, I forgot that was you. Damn you and those drought inducing squares of evil. At least the sugar helped me finish.

Yeah, it's hard to eat something in a wrapper.

If someone takes it they acknowledge it may have already been on the ground and you definitely didn't wash your hands after peeing behind that bush.

Open that shit up!

I've been knuckle deep in @Norm 's mouth before. Some people even request special delivery.

How about a pre tear. Leave it in the wrapper, but rip the package so they can eat with one hand.

So, either open or pre-tear. And wash before serving. My next question, If you were racing this Sunday...Milky Way or Three Musketeer ?

松鼠

I've been knuckle deep in @Norm 's mouth before.
1LzLzR1_zpsr3wa0ep1.gif

Good call - my 4 year old (at the time), was doing Entenmann's chocolate chip cookie hand-ups at Hippo last year. The kid factor makes for way more participation. Way more racers taking from the kids.

It's what I was hoping. A friend is coming to watch with her twins and I thought this might be a good way of keeping them involved. Put the candy on the end of 4' dowel and get rid of said candy. That or get a jar of bubble stuff and have them blow bubbles on the course. I couldn't come up with bells or a vuvuzela in time for this weekend.

It's what I was hoping. A friend is coming to watch with her twins and I thought this might be a good way of keeping them involved. Put the candy on the end of 4' dowel and get rid of said candy. That or get a jar of bubble stuff and have them blow bubbles on the course. I couldn't come up with bells or a vuvuzela in time for this weekend.

Look for the racers preriding... They will gladly take hand-ups and it keeps the kids occupied. It's a very entertaining dynamic.

Careful of the dowel... Clumsy kids with sticks could end up in spokes. Have them throw marshmallows at the racers and see if they can get it in the racer's mouth... That could be fun!

Sunday at Bubble. I can't guarantee when they're leaving, but I know they'll be there for the first few races. Mommy's taking the kids out while hubby sleeps in. He's a gigging musician.

Back
Top Bottom