D&R Canal from Bordentown - who's familiar?

Took the D&R today from Bordentown and rode about 4 miles until the path stopped and hit a road - route 29? Not sure, but does anyone know where I can pick up the trail from there to keep heading north?

Mountain Bike Mike

Yeah man... you have to ride the road for a little bit passed the Trenton Shitter authority then ride on top of the Rt 29 tunnel in to the West Trenton ghetto... pick the block wisely and time of day cause you could get shot... you can also ride behind trenton thunder and office park.. which is a safer bet but you’ll have to ride at least one part of the ghetto either way. just look straight, no eye contact and blow all the stop signs.. if you’re slow, don’t try this.

Getting to the D&R is not recomended as you need to make your way through the heart of the center of trenton.... the section of the D&R from there is aketxhy aF...

I recomend crossing over to the PA side over the Trenton Makes Bridge and picking up the D&L... the PA side is butter smooth and well maintained and safe

good luck and dont get shot or die

YouRang87

Grrrr this always eluded me. Where did you start in Btown? I live in Bordentown and always wondered. I know I stumbled upon a website on the World Wide Web once that had details. You have to go under the 295 overpass by the yacht club right? Where ppl fish n make love in the woods??? UTT Anyone?

Grrrr this always eluded me. Where did you start in Btown? I live in Bordentown and always wondered. I know I stumbled upon a website on the World Wide Web once that had details. You have to go under the 295 overpass by the yacht club right? Where ppl fish n make love in the woods??? UTT Anyone?

Lol. Just straight down Farnsworth and down the hill. Cross over the tracks and make a hard right, cross the bridge and the trail starts

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It's really not that bad dude. There are spots to avoid, like Passaic St and immediate surroundings. Ride West State Street to avoid path from Warren to Hermitage or thereabouts. Source: I live and ride here year round, didn't ded.
Yeah, but you are used to it and know exactly where and where no to go. If you dont know trenton / which way to get back to the tow path or that horrible way they tell you to go from the Princeton Branch to the Ewing Branch, you can land in some serious sketch.

grilledcheeseking

Yeah, but you are used to it and know exactly where and where no to go. If you dont know trenton / which way to get back to the tow path or that horrible way they tell you to go from the Princeton Branch to the Ewing Branch, you can land in some serious sketch.
You're right, the marked route is not advisable in some spots. The rep doesn't match the reality tho. Have to use your head anywhere you go.

Mountain Bike Mike

You're right, the marked route is not advisable in some spots. The rep doesn't match the reality tho. Have to use your head anywhere you go.

Bro - lets not kid anyone, I’ve ridden it plenty of times, all different routes at all different times of day...

It can be sketchy AF... some blocks and corners are bad swarming with dudes that know you’re not from there, don’t want you there and don’t give AF... ya know the scenario... Rolling through a block and there’s 10-20 dudes just hanging out and one knuckle head starts mouthing off at you.. you know if you stop, you’re fucked...there are PLENTY of those blocks and corners especially on nice sunny afternoons...

Then the Canal path North heading towards New Brunswick, by the train track is always full of drug type activity... Dudes ducked behind shit getting high, dudes on their way to get high...

Then connecting to the path heading towards Washington crossing... cutting through and by those ghetto infested apartments... some of the road crossing / pinch points by the sports fields have the same type of activity going on.

I’m not about to sugar coat it to someone who has never been through there... If you’re not street smart, you can get fucked up out there.

Top Bottom