D&Q Summer Sizzler 2018 (MASS)

Haven't seen the Bridgeton CX course, so can't compare. It's relatively flat with short, punchy climbs. Lots of roots. Mostly ST, some DT and a grass field for start/finish area.

Here's my ride from last night, 2 laps of the race course Start and end of my ride is the parking area. Start/finish area will be near the Fine Arts Center. https://www.strava.com/activities/1666656414
Bridgeton is known for its sand/general sandiness I believe

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's some sand, but right now most of it is hard packed. Only a little rain last night. Should be perfect Sunday, except for the heat.

Looking forward to it

I be having beer for you

trener1

Did they get rain there yesterday? we had some epic thunderstorms up my way yesterday afternoon.

Jeffreywoliver

There's some sand, but right now most of it is hard packed. Only a little rain last night. Should be perfect Sunday, except for the heat.

thanks for the info. Mostly trying to figure out my tire pressure choices. I'm excited to race again.

JDurk

Did they get rain there yesterday? we had some epic thunderstorms up my way yesterday afternoon.
Very little. I'm sure whatever fell has been soaked up or evaporated. Will be setting up the course tomorrow morning and report later in the day.

thanks for the info. Mostly trying to figure out my tire pressure choices. I'm excited to race again.
Hard to say. Everyone is different. The roots will deliver a beat down if pressure is too high.

For the Strava ride I posted yesterday, here's the numbers.
Me: 240ish lbs
Bike: Cannondale Scalpel
Wheels: Stans Arch MK3 setup tubeless
Tires/psi: FR Maxxis Ardent 2.4 18-19psi, RR Ardent 2.25 21-22psi

I've run that pressure on a steel, rigid SS with the same tires. May go up to 20/23 on race day with the Scalpel.

Last edited:

JDurk

Yes, course is marked and ready for tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to ride, but word from those that did said it's dry and fast. 2 mud holes were mentioned but pretty sure they're locations that are always damp. Hydrate and get ready to race.

Strugglebus

First race, first podium (3rd). Was not expecting that but I will take it. Great course, but it sure was hot!
76368F7C-1CAF-46D7-A222-ECB305EA14B5.jpeg

JDurk

Long, hot day at the Sizzler. Thank's for attending to everyone on here that raced and survived.

trener1

Question, I saw about 4-5 photographers to on the course, anyone know if those photos will be posted anywhere?.

Top Bottom