D&Q Summer Sizzler 2018 (MASS)

JDurk

One of the longest running races in the MASS series is back again on Sunday July 1st. Same location as NJ NICA race #5 Gloucester Gasser Season Finale that occurred over the weekend. NICA course was a similar but shorter lap than the Summer Sizzler course. Speaking of NICA, title sponsor Danzeisen and Quigley generously donated 100% of proceeds to the NJ league in 2016 and 2017. D&Q has committed to donating 100% again this year.

Course description: pretty flat, nothing too techy, just a "few" roots, flowy ST. A few punchy climbs. No rocks. About 5mi of trails, Cat 1/2/3 do 4/3/2 laps.

Race information and registration: https://www.bikereg.com/dqsummersizzler
Mid Atlantic Super Series info: http://www.masuperseries.com/

Last edited:

JDurk

From the MASS FB page. Sunday 6/24 trail maintenance from 9am-noon. Pre-ride to follow.
1529491034723.png

BrianGT3

Its a fun course, it's very Allaire like, flat sandy and flowy. Around ~200' of climbing per lap. Lots of punchy climbs. I'm looking forward to this one. Food truck is pretty good and you can smell the tacos from race course which is extra motivation to push.

Just to those of you participating, look out for ticks! I had a wood tick on me after warmup, wood tick after race, wood tick while waiting for awards. Also found a deer tick crawling up my leg while waiting for awards. Unfortunately I missed another deer tick and came down with lymes last year! They're bad down there.

JDurk

Yes, be tick aware. Course has been trimmed over the weekend, however it won't be marked until Saturday, 6/30. Locals will be pre-riding throughout the week. Mother Nature will be turning up the heat on race day.

And this.
1529952460313.png

Aaron Shute

Its a fun course, it's very Allaire like, flat sandy and flowy. Around ~200' of climbing per lap. Lots of punchy climbs. I'm looking forward to this one. Food truck is pretty good and you can smell the tacos from race course which is extra motivation to push.

Just to those of you participating, look out for ticks! I had a wood tick on me after warmup, wood tick after race, wood tick while waiting for awards. Also found a deer tick crawling up my leg while waiting for awards. Unfortunately I missed another deer tick and came down with lymes last year! They're bad down there.

We'll keep a few bottles of tick repellent near registration. As John mentioned, we've trimmed the trails back pretty good. The field will also be cut fairly short this week.

JDurk

Sharing this here for mtbnj forum members not on the MASS FB page. Looking for input about moving start times up 30min. Post a reply here if you're planning to make the trip and votes will be added in the count.

1530034392649.png

Top Bottom