Cycling vitamins?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Looking into first endurance multi v pro and Thorne multi vitamin elite. Trying to eliminate all the different morning pills with one specific. This will eliminate a separate pro biotic as well. Thoughts? What does everyone else use?

rick81721

Lothar
I've been taking supplements for decades, not specifically for cycling or any other physical activity. Currently taking:

fish oil concentrate
saw palmetto extract
B complex
C
D
Magnesium
CoQ10
Tart cherry extract

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I've been taking supplements for decades, not specifically for cycling or any other physical activity. Currently taking:

fish oil concentrate
saw palmetto extract
B complex
C
D
Magnesium
CoQ10
Tart cherry extract
I just want a simple package. Taking 7 diff pills is a PITA.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

fish oil concentrate
saw palmetto extract
B complex
C
D
Magnesium
CoQ10
Tart cherry extract
Do you have a membership at Vitamin Shoppe?

I Ride Bikes

Personally I only take what I've found to be low in. Not deficient, but in the less than optimal range. That being said, I like Thorne products. I don't know of the other one. You're probably covered with a quality multi and a clean diet. I would say you're probably better off taking a multi anyway since you'd more than likely be wasting money with individual supplements unless you know what you need.

The Squirrel

I am the same as I Ride Bikes. I have bloodwork done at least twice a year and my vitamin/supplement intake varies by results. Besides the Dr Fuhrman multi-vitamin which I take religiously, I get the rest from Douglas Labs. Their quality seems to be top shelf.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
epo

hemax_4000iu.jpg

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So, the reason I am looking is the amount of training and riding I do vs the rest I get. I got repeated head colds all winter. I don’t want to take a million pills, supplements etc but am not afraid of paying for quality. I don’t want to leave a page unturned in my potential because of a simple nutrient imbalance.

The Kalmyk

So, the reason I am looking is the amount of training and riding I do vs the rest I get. I got repeated head colds all winter. I don’t want to take a million pills, supplements etc but am not afraid of paying for quality. I don’t want to leave a page unturned in my potential because of a simple nutrient imbalance.

Athletic Greens. Good company and legit

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
the reason I am looking is the amount of training and riding I do vs the rest I get.
When I read those things that Drs tell you to do to stay healthy, getting proper rest is always up there. I'd say it's even more important if you are looking to maximize power output and recover quicker from work outs. Making sure you are not sleep deprived is way more important then vitamins. Unless you get a blood work up, you do not know what vitamins you may be lacking, and even if you are low in something, it's not going to make up for lack of sleep.

rick81721

Lothar
So, the reason I am looking is the amount of training and riding I do vs the rest I get. I got repeated head colds all winter.

Agree with what others said, vitamins/supplements aren't going to prevent you from getting colds - if you get exposed (and with a bunch of kids you will) you will get them. Tho zinc lozenges or nasal sprays can reduce duration and severity once you get a cold.

Top Bottom