Cycling lifestyle and the stuff you buy to support it

VanDbtRiver

Many products have been discussed/reviewed on this site in the past couple of years. We have talked about gels, cliff bars, hydration devices, and the infinate ammount of apparrel thats out there. All of these items contribute to our health, fitness, and ride quality in so many ways. I wanted to share some of the things I've recently purchased that I feel have made key improvements in my lifestyle.
1. Brita H2O filter- I have always had hydration issues, and the fact that my towns water tastes like pure iodine does not help. I have been monitoring my water intake closely for the past few weeks, and I think I have benefitted greatly by having clean good tasting water at my disposal.
2. Klean Kanteen- Picked up a 40oz 18/8 stainless canteen from EMS recently. With all the talk of toxins leaching into drinking water from lexan and other plastics, I thought it would go well with my Brita filter. I usually drink 60-80oz of water before lunch time, and it's nice to drink it out of a stylish, clean, and durable bottle.
3. Monkey Butt- Went into the local CVS this AM with the intention of getting the Gold Bond powder. More road riding lately has led to the usual discomforts and I wanted a sweat absorbing/friction reducing powder to take care of my sensitive areas. Monkey Butt is marketed towards cyclists and folks with active lifestyles. I just returned from a decent road loop, and I must say this stuff cooled my ass off!

Anywho, those are my top 3 for now. I am sure there are more out there.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Womans razor blades because they shave legs better. .... just my opinion of course.

There's no difference in results between men's and women's razors.
Besides using a pink razor makes you feel more sexy:D

Sunscreen. I need to use it every day especially since the zebra stripe tan snuck up on me this year. You know, the deeply tanned arms, face and fingers with the lilly white shoulders and lilly white hands sporting the tanned dot from the little opening by the strap.
Decidedly NOT sexy.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
deet! speaking of which .. during my ride today, i had some bugs (hopefully not tick) crawl inside my helmet and i have 3 bites on my head .. is there a way to prevent this? can i spray my hair?

idbrian

Crotch Rot
You should spray your hair. I have never seen so many mosquito's as i did in Ringwood today.

walter

Fourth Party
3. Monkey Butt- Went into the local CVS this AM with the intention of getting the Gold Bond powder. More road riding lately has led to the usual discomforts and I wanted a sweat absorbing/friction reducing powder to take care of my sensitive areas. Monkey Butt is marketed towards cyclists and folks with active lifestyles. I just returned from a decent road loop, and I must say this stuff cooled my ass off!

Dude, I already threw out the papers, but I think this stuff is on sale at CVS this week. Like super on sale. I think it said it was $4.99 with a $4 rebate. Check it out.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Womans razor blades because they shave legs better. .... just my opinion of course.

I use a Mach3 son, it works wonders;)

Coppertone uber sweatproof spray-on sun block stuff. Can't leave the house without it.

Sportique warm-up cream.

Elite Energy Oil. Helps heal the legs faster so they're fresh for multiple long training days.

-Jim.

When and how often do you put that on? I'd love to fine a way to have my legs feeling fresh the day after a hard ride so that I can get another one in.

BiknBen

Are we talking about cycling specific products that you now use outside of cycling?

Base layers! I wear them to bed. Uber comfortable. I have also worn them under regular clothing.

Bike lights. My kids and I were all the rage at the fireworks over the weekend with light on our heads. When the power goes out, my wife goes for candles. I turn night into day with a NR Blowtorch. :getsome:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
When and how often do you put that on? I'd love to fine a way to have my legs feeling fresh the day after a hard ride so that I can get another one in.

Just after your ride. They make a whole host of stuff that's really great. I've tried everything at some point. The Energy Oil and Thermogel (<---for cyclocross). You can peep their site for all the scientific mumbo-jumbo...

http://www.ozonelite.it/

-Jim.

Top Bottom