jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s one case of ACE/month.
Math checks out.
@jmanic approved.

These days, there’s just no reason to pay for it all, all the time.
And plus, when you stay at a hotel, commercials are a fun novelty that you kinda enjoy in a sick way.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where did the PSvue dudes go?
I ended up with YoutubeTV for now.
Better platform even less money (49.99 vs 65)but no red zone :(

Other then that I gots what I needs

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I’m with YTTV. I have a feeling that by the time the season rolls around, they will either offer a package with redZone, or someone else will step up and offer something. YTTV is a way better platform and has much better quality IMOMOOMHO

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
I'm with several of you; YTTV is pretty darn good on Roku. I tried DirectTV Now, then they changed it to ATT TV Now and jacked up the prices so I cancelled and was just about to sign up for PSVUE then they announced they were shutting it down. So the next best was YTTV. Today I'm on a mix of YTTV and Philo for most content and a few freebies.

If you haven't seen this site try it out, you can add your must have channels and it shows the packages that can work. You do have look and see if all of your must haves are in the list, for example if you add Hallmark it will list in some columns but not YTTV unless you go to the right and see YTTV w/ Philo (or Friendly classics). Tons of combinations and it also gives you the free trial codes and such.
https://www.suppose.tv/
It worked well for me and I go back every so often to see if there's anything better.

jdgang

We just dropped our Hulu Live TV. When we first cut the cable boxes, since I we don't actually cut the cord I still pay optimum for access but i digress, we started with Direct TV Now. Spotty service crappy interface just hated it. Went to Hulu Live and did enjoy it. When they raise the price to 55 from 45 I knew that the price creep was going to start so I talk to the money manager (the wife) and decided to just do streaming. So we have added in CBS All Access, Hulu, Netflix and Prime. We had Netflix and Prime prior. Was a little worried about not getting golf but luckily the PGA has a contract with CBS so my naptime on sunday can still happen. I am planning on getting peacock (nbc) when it comes out.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
We just dropped our Hulu Live TV. When we first cut the cable boxes, since I we don't actually cut the cord I still pay optimum for access but i digress, we started with Direct TV Now. Spotty service crappy interface just hated it. Went to Hulu Live and did enjoy it. When they raise the price to 55 from 45 I knew that the price creep was going to start so I talk to the money manager (the wife) and decided to just do streaming. So we have added in CBS All Access, Hulu, Netflix and Prime. We had Netflix and Prime prior. Was a little worried about not getting golf but luckily the PGA has a contract with CBS so my naptime on sunday can still happen. I am planning on getting peacock (nbc) when it comes out.
I dumped Hulu live to the $12 Hulu when I realized I hardly ever watch live. Huge savings.

Last edited:

domo

just spoke to optimum disconnections and now my adjusted plan is 88.49 a month
includes channel 2-22 only lol
one box
and upgraded to 300 internet
oh and landline still there

gives me everythng i need and signed up with youtube premium not TV for 12 a month
thast gives me karate kid lol

netflix and hulu and prime of course

one piece crank

I’ve looked at cutting the cord, but my cable + internet is $125, and we add prime, Netflix, and Disney +. I could potentially save ~$40/month, but that would be at reduced channels, that aren’t offered on services like YTTV. So, we stay we’re we are.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been streaming red zone for free on volokit.com. Been A+.

also ustvgo is another free streaming option.
Are you now pay free, youtubetv has been double charging randomly. Some how they got bank and PayPal. Then they have zero CS, yeah try going down that rabbit hole. So my bank is working on that end and extremely frustrated also. Not many but enough to really piss me off.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Been playing with a trail subscription to Youtube TV. Is it just my setup or is audio always out of sync with video. This would drive me crazy.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Been playing with a trail subscription to Youtube TV. Is it just my setup or is audio always out of sync with video. This would drive me crazy.
We get that a lot with Hulu however stopping the show and starting it again usually fixes it

ebarker9

Had YouTube tv for a while and I've maybe had that happen a couple of times, but definitely not a consistent issue.

one piece crank

o_O

So a accurate review of our current cable/internet bill indicates we pay $138 for full basic (236 channels) + internet. Then all the fees (not taxes) bring the total up to $217. Now I’m trying to figure out what channels we can stream for free, and/or what individual Apps will cost. If I drop the cable portion and save $142 I don’t want to throw that back at 10 different Apps. We don’t really need broadcast TV or local channels, and only watch Premier League and Rugby.

Also, we recently replaced an old TV with a new smart TV, which has a lot of this stuff built in, I just have to figure out what it costs.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
o_O

So a accurate review of our current cable/internet bill indicates we pay $138 for full basic (236 channels) + internet. Then all the fees (not taxes) bring the total up to $217. Now I’m trying to figure out what channels we can stream for free, and/or what individual Apps will cost. If I drop the cable portion and save $142 I don’t want to throw that back at 10 different Apps. We don’t really need broadcast TV or local channels, and only watch Premier League and Rugby.

Also, we recently replaced an old TV with a new smart TV, which has a lot of this stuff built in, I just have to figure out what it costs.
Yeah, it should be pretty easy to trim the fat on that bill.

The trick is finding sources for what you want. Try looking at FuboTv for soccer definitely, and may have that rugby too.

The apps on the tv will cost whatever the subscription is for the service, like Netflix.

And your viewing habits may very well change. We actually started watching more (hour or two a night vs hour a week) when we cut the cord and went to subscription services.

Top Bottom