Cushetunk/RV white trail!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Think this is going to be my mission this year - The white trail
along the ridge, to the point where it connects with red between
round valley road, and the saddle/cross-over to the cushetunk lot.

someone has been cutting out the logs. There are some ribbon markers
and cairns - but the trail is not well defined, and runs through a bramble.

The large log-over along red in that area has been removed/cut - the connection happens just north of there. The trail then dead-ends.

take a look at this track - the picture shows the connection point, the track south uses the first cairn as a starting point, but comes/goes. the track north uses a double track. as an aside, I turned around to hit the downhill from there to the powerlines. FUN!

http://www.strava.com/activities/138239844
(yes, slow motion...save it :eek:)

geotagged the trees down on this trail last year. gotta find the track.

this would change up the out/back a bit, with minimal work on an existing trail.
whatjathink Woody?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Pat, Doesn't that trail that you took back to the lot connect to that Pickell Mountain park too? I've always thought about that instead of hiking my bike up from Cush... I'm sure you have to hike either way looking at the percentage grade

Patrick

Staff member
Pat, Doesn't that trail that you took back to the lot connect to that Pickell Mountain park too? I've always thought about that instead of hiking my bike up from Cush... I'm sure you have to hike either way looking at the percentage grade

it isn't technical going up that way, double track for quad or jeep. lung buster, but doable. if you try it, the correct road to pick is after the black deer blind (i think it is a deer blind??)

the trail does go back to pickell - was planning on parking there one of these days, rather than cush lot - the trail under the power lines crosses a blue blaze that heads up the hill - at some point, i think it converges with white near the cross-over (next trip). was on the top part once, after choosing the wrong fire road to climb. From the highest point down was a thrill ride! then no problem riding to the lot.

white is very ridable to the cross-over from the red trail - other than the trees down, and some rock stairs - so i'm thinking that it is better south->north which would be going down the stairs...

rode it with FitmanNJ last year -

more fun to come. Going to get help Brian get this all straight.....alot seems unmapped.

Last edited:

qclabrat

need better directions into RV from either the Cushetunk or Pickell lots
best to provide a few options based on intensity, I'm already feeling tired as in get in and thinking about Puke Hill
please be descriptive as I get lost easy

was at both lots last month and is white parking lot trail closed from Jan to Sept?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Do you have a garmin you could load a map onto? this makes it easy to follow. not many spots to get off the main trail

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you own an abacus or a slide rule?

* Cushetunk lot
* go around fence along that "field road"
* this means DO NOT GO into the trail off the lot
* take the first right
* At the first T, take a right, then a left shortly after
* At the next T, take a right
* Try not to die

Here:
http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/3/3a/Round_Valley_Norm.jpg

Brown all the way to white, then up & over.

Man, that's a fun map. I should make more of them.

Patrick

Staff member
seems woody cleaning that climb is playing out over and over on the internal movie screen.....

let me know when you want to go...

qclabrat

thanks Norm, just what I needed

fidodie, will do, give me a more runs, I'm no fun to ride with in my current condition

phillychris498

Do you own an abacus or a slide rule?

* Cushetunk lot
* go around fence along that "field road"
* this means DO NOT GO into the trail off the lot
* take the first right
* At the first T, take a right, then a left shortly after
* At the next T, take a right
* Try not to die

Here:
http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/3/3a/Round_Valley_Norm.jpg

Brown all the way to white, then up & over.

Man, that's a fun map. I should make more of them.

Norm,
What program do you use for the candyland maps?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,
What program do you use for the candyland maps?

Just made them myself. Directions are in the wiki. I'd find it but I'm here right now:

image.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions