Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What the ruined bridge looked like when we started:
IMG_2071.JPG

We removed the two halves of the broken bridge:
IMG_2072.JPG

Then we put in new supports:
IMG_2073.JPG

@trailhead trimming the middle support after fitting the two bridge pieces on the supports:
IMG_2074.JPG

@GSS putting some screws in to keep it nice and secured:
IMG_2075.JPG

Fishing out a nice stone slab that fell into the water and using to help secure that corner of the bridge:
IMG_2076.JPG

The finished product:
IMG_2077.JPG

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@trailhead - There's a big tree down on the Beach Glen trail. It's sort of near the middle, maybe a little closer to the Meriden side.

notcho

Tons of small debris on Hibernia brook orange this morning. Cleared out most branches.
Before:
IMG_3018.JPG

After:
IMG_3020.JPG

Coming down from the cemetery, at the entrance to the switchbacks I've been noticing someone continuously cutting the first right turn next to the tree. I stop and block it off again but it always opens back up. Used some of the downfall to block it again (trail goes to the right of the tree). @trailhead, there are tons of rocks there, perhaps we "Build a Wall"?
IMG_3022.JPG

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@trailhead There is a tree down on the Beach Glen Trail. If you are riding it backwards, there are two short but kinda steep climbs. It's near the top of the second one, just before the rock garden.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I rode the new Hawk Watch connector trail again today, and it was amazing! Much has been done since my first ride/hike down it. Phenomenal rock work! I know it's not done yet, but it is totally rideable in the downhill direction (not sure it will ever be rideable uphill, at least not by me). Hopefully our team won't have a competing TM next time you guys are working on it and I can join you. This really opens up the route options, and allowed me to cut out the Righter Mine rail bed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

notcho

@trailhead. Large tree down across one of the short punchy climbs halfway up Righter Mine that requires chainsaw. Might be able to make a go around but figured you'd might want to assess first.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
JP and I plan to go out this Saturday and tackle some of the overgrowth and blow downs.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Time changed.....

Saturday , 6/24/17, 10:30am, Splitrock Boat Launch, tools and gloves provided.
Walk to worksite.
Bring water and repellent.

Last edited:

notcho

Was hoping to make this but timing didn't work out. Thanks for trimming the cats whiskers!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions