Crank for Raleigh xxix

recently picked up a Raleigh xxix frame to build...it has an ebb. I’m new to the ebb world - can I use any crank with the ebb?

Karate Monkey

What kind of bottom bracket, eh? Is it threaded ["cups"] or press-fit? The vast majority are probably threaded, in which case you can use any threaded bottom bracket, in whatever capacity that means–square taper, external cup, etc.

A picture would help, since the idea of a standard in the bicycle industry is laughable. The closest we've gotten is the spacing between water bottle screws :rolleyes:

Ok..

Attachments

• 7E69FD49-9EE6-47B1-A02D-00D3E928E94D.png
    7E69FD49-9EE6-47B1-A02D-00D3E928E94D.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 127

moray42

Merman
You can use a normal BB and SS crank in the ebb that came with those frames. I rode the same for a while. Ended up breaking the original crank, and replaced it with a shimano zee crank & 68/73BB and raceface NW chainring. Crank moved to my 1x10 on the other bike after the Raleigh was retired.

Karate Monkey

You can use a normal BB and SS crank in the ebb that came with those frames. I rode the same for a while. Ended up breaking the original crank, and replaced it with a shimano zee crank & 68/73BB and raceface NW chainring. Crank moved to my 1x10 on the other bike after the Raleigh was retired.

Aye. The threaded shell will allow you to install almost any crank. A good place to start would be a double/triple outboard bottom bracket crank (SRAM GXP, Shimano hollowtech II, etc).

Top Bottom