Couple of brake questions.

i'd go 140 in the rear - you don't use the brakes anyway.

Too damn much math -n- science go'n on here. You've got a bike that's speck'd with 140 mm instead of the typical 160mm. Ok, buy the adapter one size larger than the rotor size you want to go to. For example, if you want a 160 mm, buy a 180mm adapter for the brand and mount type you have (post or IS). You're starting one size down from the norm so you need to go up two to get there. I had to do the same thing on the rear of my Beargrease.

Too damn much math -n- science go'n on here. You've got a bike that's speck'd with 140 mm instead of the typical 160mm. Ok, buy the adapter one size larger than the rotor size you want to go to. For example, if you want a 160 mm, buy a 180mm adapter for the brand and mount type you have (post or IS). You're starting one size down from the norm so you need to go up two to get there. I had to do the same thing on the rear of my Beargrease.
I ordered them. I figured it out but I'm just saying why are the spec sheets such a pain to find?

I ordered them. I figured it out but I'm just saying why are the spec sheets such a pain to find?

Because the bike industry feels the need to bleed every last penny out of us, and part of that means changing standards every 1/2 year, so maintaining the spec sheets in a way that makes this stuff easy to find would probably be a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom