counter tops

VanDbtRiver

Has anyone purchased a counter top recently and have any advice? I am a bit stressed out with this particular part of the remodeling process 'cuz I can't build it out of wood:eek:

RNG1

Whatever you do, don't do Corian. IMO it is a silly material and you can get Granite for about the same cost. I do have a Granite contact if you need.

fasterthanliam

Granite is a piece of cake. Cement is pretty trick and can be done in many ways. Any questions I would be glad to help. I have a few people I use for these trades. They are local to you as well.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Depends on style country, classic or modern. Choices can be from granite, soapstone, slate, silestone or concrete. Most of these require up keep with sealers and polish regularly. These all can possibly stain and scratch too. Though they are well worth the investment. Laminates scratch and scorch easily which also have a much shorter life span. Many choices and a wealth of info out on the web...

ChrisRU

Granite is a piece of cake.
Unless your keeping seams at a minimum and have to carry it up a couple of flights of stairs.

One of my good friends is in the marble and granite countertop business. If that's what you're looking for feel free to PM me for some contact info or if you already have some one and want to send me the specs I may be able to run your estimate by him to get a second opinion on the quote.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Butcher's Block

Has anyone purchased a counter top recently and have any advice? I am a bit stressed out with this particular part of the remodeling process 'cuz I can't build it out of wood:eek:

There is always butcher's block.
Pretty classy IMHO. :)

ellenserruto

Concrete. I just had a custom kitchen table made. . the top looks exactly like a barn door with distressed marks & and nailheads but its concrete and it can not be destroyed (even by my family) So cool

rocknrollgirl

I vote for granite. We had it done a year ago and I love it. We have an excellent contact and got a really good deal.

Top Bottom