Costa Rica.

rayder

Going on vacation in march. Any one mountainbiked in Costa Rica. I'd like to go at least one day and preferably hit some single track. Any suggestions would be appreciated

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pretty sure Brandon has been to Costa Rica a few times, I think his brother lives there or something. Not sure if he's ridden there, but I would hit him up.

rayder

San Jose, arenal, and another area that's near the ocean but I can't think of it right now was the place in guanacaste good?

Where in Costa Rica you headed? There was a place in Guanacaste I checked out a couple years ago.

monkeybike

Here's their site, looks like they've expanded the trail network since I was there. I'd go early if possible, it gets really hot! Everything seemed well maintained. Nice trails and scenery...though I tend to enjoy anything that's not rocky and technical just because it's a change of pace. http://www.puravidaride.com/mountain-bike

Last edited:

Chris(NJ)

There are some places to rent bikes at Arenal. La Fortuna is a cool town. They were renting some decent bikes last year.

Just a warning though...medical care down there is NOT what it's like here. Get a serious injury and it's a couple hours to a legit hospital.

pkovo

Not sure about biking, but Quepos has a pretty nice left hand point break at the river mount that wakes up on a big swell when the nearby beach breaks are shutting down. It breaks of the jetty at the marina and peels off for quite a distance. Water looked dirty, like chocolate milk when I was there, but no one got sick from it.

Sorry, that's pretty useless info for biking, but if you surf.......

Top Bottom