Cops bored?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They need to make bib short underwear for the guys I work with. It seems that they can't bend down to pick something up without flashing butt cleavage. I feel violated being subjected to large, hairy man ass on a daily basis.

im guessing you work on industrial plumbing? o_O

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LET ME CLARIFY SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND.

This is legal:
1381562736_borat.jpg

This is illegal:
2596FAE900000578-2950179-image-a-11_1423713695258.jpg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never been hassled about it, but it's something I'm aware of - especially when I do an after work ride at Neshaminy during the school year and there are still kids around doing after-school activities. It's one reason I have a minivan - I change inside the van.

Yes, lone males in minivans around kids and schools never cause any alarm.

I keep toying with the idea of wearing a $5 oversized dress.

Soooo like a Size 4?

According to the cop even in the car is no good. There was no indecent exposure. Everything was covered from the waste down. He said did not care about that. Just not the best place to get changed

This is absolutely ridiculous. He is over selling the seriousness because he doesn't want to deal with repeat complaints and doesn't have the balls to tell the complainant that it's not a crime. The lewdness statute clearly states that there has to be a reasonable expectation that someone could see your franks and beans. In my opinion, even if you are outside the car in a public parking lot, as long as you cover yourself from the waist down you are 100% good and in compliance with New Jersey state law.

Think about this from a practical standpoint. Iggy's at a public beach and he's downed 6 or 8 beers during the course of the day. He's in his favorite Speedo, starts to get a little woozy in the heat, he stumbles around, and a nut pops out. Has he violated any laws? Nope... he's just drunk Iggy. He had no intent to show you his grapes... it was an accident. You might be offended... but he ain't getting arrested for lewdness.

We in law enforcement are guilty of not following up with the complainant who makes the initial call and educating them on what is and what is not a violation of law. It's a hell of a lot easier to lecture the person in front of you than to try to follow up with a caller at a later time. But it sounds like this cop needs an education as well. Do not take one cops opinion on how that statute would be applied as gospel. I can assure you there are very few if any prosecutors in this state that would move forward with those charges even if an arrest was made in this case.

I have probably caught half a dozen couples having sex in their cars in public parks after dark every year. I have arrested exactly zero of them because how would I prove in a court of law that at 2am they didn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in a park that was closed? At best, they get issued a Township ordinance violation for being in the park after dark but even that's only if their attitude towards me earns it.

I really don't think I can stay in this state after I retire; it is beyond ridiculous.

xc62701

Soooo like a Size 4?

This is absolutely ridiculous. He is over selling the seriousness because he doesn't want to deal with repeat complaints and doesn't have the balls to tell the complainant that it's not a crime. The lewdness statute clearly states that there has to be a reasonable expectation that someone could see your franks and beans. In my opinion, even if you are outside the car in a public parking lot, as long as you cover yourself from the waist down you are 100% good and in compliance with New Jersey state law.

Think about this from a practical standpoint. Iggy's at a public beach and he's downed 6 or 8 beers during the course of the day. He's in his favorite Speedo, starts to get a little woozy in the heat, he stumbles around, and a nut pops out. Has he violated any laws? Nope... he's just drunk Iggy. He had no intent to show you his grapes... it was an accident. You might be offended... but he ain't getting arrested for lewdness.

We in law enforcement are guilty of not following up with the complainant who makes the initial call and educating them on what is and what is not a violation of law. It's a hell of a lot easier to lecture the person in front of you than to try to follow up with a caller at a later time. But it sounds like this cop needs an education as well. Do not take one cops opinion on how that statute would be applied as gospel. I can assure you there are very few if any prosecutors in this state that would move forward with those charges even if an arrest was made in this case.

I have probably caught half a dozen couples having sex in their cars in public parks after dark every year. I have arrested exactly zero of them because how would I prove in a court of law that at 2am they didn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in a park that was closed? At best, they get issued a Township ordinance violation for being in the park after dark but even that's only if their attitude towards me earns it.

I really don't think I can stay in this state after I retire; it is beyond ridiculous.

Thank you. That is the logic I'm understanding. Too many sensitive types out there. I'm not doing a puppet show with my changing towel...

Ian F

Oh believe me, that visual was not lost on me as I sat in the van waiting for my buddy to arrive, hoping to avoid an interaction with what looked like school security in a golf cart.

Neshaminy has become my "new 6MR" after work riding spot since it's easy to get to from work and close to home afterwards. I'm still learning the dynamics of the area. My friend basically said the local security knows guys ride the trails behind the school and don't really have a problem with it. That said, it's not security I'm worried about - it's parents who may happen to see me and not understand why I'm there. In this day of heightened awareness, I can understand their concerns.

rick81721

Lothar
Couldn't agree anymore with this statement. In fact most of my clients are doing the same. Look it up NJ is top of the list of the most exited state 5 years in a row.

As someone who has officially "exited" NJ, the main reason to get out of here is the taxes.

That said, it's not security I'm worried about - it's parents who may happen to see me and not understand why I'm there. In this day of heightened awareness, I can understand their concerns.

My local ride-to trails in FL are partially on school property. Right after the Parkland shooting there were cops everywhere. Thought sure they'd stop some suspicious character approaching on a mtb wearing a large camo backpack but they never did.

Fire Lord Jim

I wonder if the lewdness law would stand up against a first amendment free expression challenge, especially if the ...ahem.. flag is flying half-mast or less. Being exposed to others' opinions and hairy butts is not much different.

Ian F

I wonder if the lewdness law would stand up against a first amendment free expression challenge, especially if the ...ahem.. flag is flying half-mast or less. Being exposed to others' opinions and hairy butts is not much different.

That debate has been going on for years...

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
This isn't so much about lewdness, laws, and being uptight, I think there's a bigger picture that everyone is missing. We're not really an uptight bunch, how can you be if you're cruising around in Lycra? You are within the law changing in your mini-skirts and towels, fantastic, and the complainant is pissed off over seeing this all the time, maybe also dealing with groups of cyclists hogging the lane, etc. So maybe next time the complainant slashes your tires or trashes your vehicle (seen that first-hand, heard about many other similar incidents). Maybe the complainant gets a little more bold and tries to peg a lone cyclist, easy target, on a back road with quarters and empty bottles at 60+mph (those were good times, good thing I have MTB skills). Maybe the complainant totally loses their shit and rams you like that dude in NY last year. Its hard enough dodging distracted and ignorant drivers, never mind those actually out to fuck with you.

Top Bottom