Cops bored?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Last summer I was in the lot at phils trails in bend Oregon (awesome trails, btw). The lot is huge and there was a lot of cars/people present. And I saw a guy in mid conversation with his buddy completely disrobe his kit and change. He was completely out in the open and he was completely nude. Like no big deal. His tan lines are still scarred into my head.

xc62701

Last summer I was in the lot at phils trails in bend Oregon (awesome trails, btw). The lot is huge and there was a lot of cars/people present. And I saw a guy in mid conversation with his buddy completely disrobe his kit and change. He was completely out in the open and he was completely nude. Like no big deal. His tan lines are still scarred into my head.

Yes that I can see THAT being a problem. But literally changing quickly to go enjoy something that demands changing - and being in trouble for it - doesn't make sense. I'm not going to change my habits. It's just really dumb as we've had rides going from that lot for YEARS with 0 issues and we usually wave or talk to the cops. Now someone had/has an issue. Weird.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i change in the car at the trailhead if i need to, but unless im riding omw home from work i tend to just drive there and home in kit . . . saves me 5 minutes and any potential problems.

Jmann

Yes that I can see THAT being a problem. But literally changing quickly to go enjoy something that demands changing - and being in trouble for it - doesn't make sense. I'm not going to change my habits. It's just really dumb as we've had rides going from that lot for YEARS with 0 issues and we usually wave or talk to the cops. Now someone had/has an issue. Weird.
Oh yeah, I change at the trailhead all the time. Your post just made me remember that story. I try to park as far away from anyone as I can when changing, but of course every once and a while someone will pull up right next to me when I'm mid shorts change.

Jmann

Also I change in the parking lot at the gym, which is a bad idea. I usually just have to throw shorts on and change my shoes, so I usually opt for the car change.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I keep toying with the idea of wearing a $5 oversized dress for changing.

We bought one of those changing rooms last year. They pop open easy, it uses high level magic to fold it back up to put away.

My opinion is our society is a little too prudish. I don't want to see people's asses, but really, who cares.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

We bought one of those changing rooms last year. They pop open easy, it uses high level magic to fold it back up to put away.

My opinion is our society is a little too prudish. I don't want to see people's asses, but really, who cares.
I will contribute to said dress. Only if pics follow tho

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

Part of it may be interpreted as being being a little prudish in an overly sensitive society. And yea, who wants to see man-ass in the parking lot? I'd say a bigger component is having a little class (most women have us beat in this department), not looking like a bunch of scumbags to a population that already doesn't like us.

wonderturtle

agree about society being prudish and overly sensitive but you have to accept it for what it is.

you gotta stay in the car and do what you can to cover yourself up.

and if the trailhead is in a school parking lot.... no f'in way I am changing at the site. Id hop in the car and pull into an unused corner of the nearest shopping center or something. as said above you cant put the cops in the situation of trying to decipher whether youre a legit cyclist or a perv with a convincing cover.

Santa

According to the cop even in the car is no good. There was no indecent exposure. Everything was covered from the waste down. He said did not care about that. Just not the best place to get changed

xc62701

There's no way I'll bring a tent to change in. I'm always discreet and aware of others, and change quickly as to not offend others. Most times I even open both doors on my car to have somewhat of a changing room. Sometimes the car is the best choice sometimes not. I'll keep doing what I do. I'll take my chances.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
According to the cop even in the car is no good. There was no indecent exposure. Everything was covered from the waste down. He said did not care about that. Just not the best place to get changed

Now this is where it gets interesting. I had assumed that we were discussing bare asses and whatnot. What's the indecent exposure if you're dressed from the waist down? I think discretion needs to be used and I wouldn't even partially disrobe in a school parking lot but if the junk is covered then I don't see how a crime was committed.

xc62701

Now this is where it gets interesting. I had assumed that we were discussing bare asses and whatnot. What's the indecent exposure if you're dressed from the waist down? I think discretion needs to be used and I wouldn't even partially disrobe in a school parking lot but if the junk is covered then I don't see how a crime was committed.
Exactly - nothing was shown. Everything was covered and it's not a school parking lot either - it's a recreational area parking lot. It seems to be more the sentiment that cyclists are weird to start with so all of their habits are weird as well. i'm sure it at least looks that way from those sitting on the couch…

xc62701

I wish I was there to question the cop further. If this happens again I certainly will and find out exactly what rules are being violated.

Top Bottom