Conditions?

I'm pretty sure all the trails in NJ will have the consistency of a BM after a night of White Castle sliders.

I was there hiking this past Tuesday - granted, it was before the thaw, snow was still deep...

I just stopped by to take a peek and it is still pretty snowed in. I did see 4 resilient riders heading out towards the tower . . . .

That would have been ReggieHammond. The Quag, jdgang and myself.
The road up to the tower was quite the climb. The trails are crap, mostly ice and snow. The Sussex Branch was kinda rideable... They should rename kvsp to "Dog Poop State Park"..... because of all the dog poop. :mad:

downsized_0219011118.jpg

downsized_0219011013.jpg

"The Diggler" ....dude had a giant wookie German Shepard that he was walking on a leash and scootin on this thing..

downsized_0219011104.jpg

Go Go Gadget.... toe warmers?!! stuck them right to the palms of my gloves, warmed up my frozen fingers for the ride home.
downsized_0219011132.jpg

conditions 4/11

rode up to tower. green red yellow and back up and down. still soft and slow with a couple of trees down on yellow. felt good to be in the woods!

How was the lower section of green, just off the rail-trail? That usually stays wet the longest......, as well as the lower sections of white, and red in the main park...

How was the lower section of green, just off the rail-trail? That usually stays wet the longest......, as well as the lower sections of white, and red in the main park...
a little wet and spongy. lots of horse shoe tracks. naturally it is raining today.

Just did quick 20 minute ride at KVSP to test out new bike.....singletrack next to lake was looking very good...Rode Blue only back over to branch trail...a few muddy spots (especially at tree crossing next to large pine tree) but definitely not too bad.....there is some heavy rut evidence of people riding when they shouldn't have over that past few weeks!...:(

Conditions Update..

Rode KVSP for about an hour today....good to see a few people out on a late AM/early afternoon. (benefit of being: unemployed/2nd shift/3rd shift/off during week).

didn't do much climbing...warmed up on Branch trail to green single track on "needle" side...starting to dry out nicely and was quite fast! There are a few tree obstacles which have been removed from this section of green...

rode back over to main park and took easy section of white past park office to trail next to lake..

rode blue in through pines to red (which are all drying out nicely) except for the one low lying section of red which is "still" partially under water (stay left and take the higher section of red as a by-pass)

rode north section of (formerly rogue) white trail..entering from the east end..there now seems to be a bypass around the large fallen tree that people have been riding and the smaller tree that you used to have to "duck" under is now gone....

rode back out on red..down access rd past plane hangars area and air strip..to lake trail..and back out to main parking..

overall KVSP is starting to look really nice....get out and ride before the rain tonight and tomorrow!!:getsome:

great ride today

got up and down the needle today; trails are hard and fast - just like me! (except for my mid-section which is more like a couple of the trails over at the mooch, like roly-poly or lumpy bumpy).

went 5 for 5 going up red up to the tower; usually don't clean that second climb until mid June.

what a great day for a ride! nothing better than getting in the woods and going up and down the trails.

shout out to Guatamala Gibbs: if you read this let me know when you are ready for some KM SS throwdown action. 34x18 and I am ready to throwdown wherever/whenever you want. KVSP, MDR, Mooch let's have it and see how you are rocking that new KM SS.

Back
Top Bottom