Conditions on 10/2

JumpinJosh

Went riding from Tranquility side on Saturday with a friend. Conditions were pretty nice in general considering it had rained. However, I did notice some downed trees across the trails that I don't think were there for the Jorba group ride.

In particular, there are two downed trees right where the Purple trail meets the white trail heading back to Tranquility. One was actually pretty fun as I was able to navigate under it.

Just thought I'd mention this.

By the way, to hit Rolley Polley, you need to turn off the Purple trail at some point right? I stayed on purple and didn't find it. I think there was a place where I could go right or left and I chose right as it was marked purple, but it was up top.

Took care of said downed trees today. Took Cardiac(purple) for 1st time myself today.I usually only take it for a little while coming from white trail, then make my way over to Ice Cream hill.But today I parked right on 517 where the Red trail starts (1st time I've done this.)Took red until the other start/or end of Cardiac.
At some point I took an unmarked cut off from Cardiac, near where the fence is I beared left.If you go straght where fence is you will eventually ride onto the rest stop on rt 80.Not sure if this is what you called Rolley Polley.But it was yet another hidden gem at the Mooch. So many unmarked cut offs in this area I'm not sure I could do the same exact route my next time out there, lol.

In particular, there are two downed trees right where the Purple trail meets the white trail heading back to Tranquility. One was actually pretty fun as I was able to navigate under it.

Just thought I'd mention this.

In the future if you come across downed trees, bigger than something you can cut out with a hand saw, please send an email to allamuchy @ jorba.org. We appreciated the the help!

Bob W.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions