Conditions at Stewart?

jimf

Stewart was dry, it was even dusty in some spots. There was a few tacky spots edging toward mud but not quite, it grabbed your tires a little and would slow you down a bit but there were not too many spots like that.

The campground trail has a tree down right at the really fun step up turn, there is a go around in place but it pretty much destroys the flow of that part of the trail. Hope that gets cleared at some point

As of yesterday, the rumor was that there is mud in 'dem hills

I ran into them on the escarpment trail, I recognized Luke having met him a few times before at ringwood but spazzed and could not place the name as I passed them going the opposite way

Ask @soundz or @gtluke they both posted photos from there today

gtluke

The Moped
Stewart was dry, it was even dusty in some spots. There was a few tacky spots edging toward mud but not quite, it grabbed your tires a little and would slow you down a bit but there were not too many spots like that.

The campground trail has a tree down right at the really fun step up turn, there is a go around in place but it pretty much destroys the flow of that part of the trail. Hope that gets cleared at some point

I ran into them on the escarpment trail, I recognized Luke having met him a few times before at ringwood but spazzed and could not place the name as I passed them going the opposite way
ha!
yeah conditions were great.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Santa Cruz?

huffster

Took a chance since it was a little hard to know how much rain happened up there. I had next to nothing in Rockland. I couldn't find any intel here or fatsinthecats so, only 1 way to find out.

Rated it a 3. Not any muddier than any other time...just the usual spots. Otherwise trails were in great shape. A little tacky even.

There is some new signage at the South Barron trailhead, so I went and looked on the NYS DEC site and there is a new map. Despite the fact that I never use a map there, I like the one at Stewards of Stewart site better, but here is the one on DEC site (PDF attached as well as photo of kiosk)
IMG_1391.JPG

Attachments

• stewartsfweb.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 386

MMuller

Thinking of going to Woodstock this weekend and stopping along the way. I know Blue well from the races but wondering how Stewart is. Looks like some rain Friday. Does it recover OK for a Sat ride? Trails easy to figure out for a couple hour ride? Thanks

Mildly Wild

Conditions at Stewart great today. The trails we rode (Camp, Windsor, Causeway, Orchard) were in very good shape . Bypass was total soup. Recommend stay off this one. I always check the weather history on Accuweather when I am in doubt. Stewart showed 0 precip for Saturday and less than .25" for the 3 days prior. Made for good day of riding.

Mildly Wild

Still snow on the ground yesterday. Mixed conditions: magic snow on Pine Root (yay!) but many other trails had a lot of refrozen crusty snow, almost moonscape. Rideable all, but after a while felt like riding on constant railroad ballast. Still worth it.

onetracker

Anyone take a shot at Stewarts after the storm? I am sure it will be ready for fat bikes once the snowmobiles groom the trails. Conditions report?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone take a shot at Stewarts after the storm? I am sure it will be ready for fat bikes once the snowmobiles groom the trails. Conditions report?
Had a few friends check it out with fatties around 5pm today. Almost knee deep and not rideable. Ridge lot was plowed and some horses were out. They tried riding a few hundred feet before turning back and heading home. Needs a few passes.
4fSIwly.jpg

Top Bottom