Conditions: 6/6

Shaggz

A strong 7
Trail conditions are near perfect. However, the bugs were brutal. Pulled 3 ticks off at the end of the ride. Do yourself a favor and take the road back to Saffins Pond lot if you come out yellow near the Rock Rill lot. The temporary "trail" around the pond is absolute shit and it looks like it was intentionally built to hit every patch of poison ivy in the park.

mntal

Agreed on the conditions - did both sides of the park yesterday morning. The bypass path you mention is actually pretty cool, minus the virtually unridable section of rocky goodness about halfway through. Ditto on the poison ivy - someone has a sick sense of humor. Nick job on the cascade reroute as well - not quite as much of a lung burner going clockwise. Mosquitos are the size of squirels.

Tommyklein

Yeah I thought the saffin railbed reroute was cool at first also but poison ivy and rocks like that are no fun. I probably plucked a half a dozen ticks off me after that ride.

I have a stupid question??? What happens to all the beavers, fish, and animals in the pond when they drain it like that? does anyone make an attempt to relocate any or is it just tough luck? Kind of weird seeing the pond empty.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I was thinking the same thing. I was not there for the "drain", but would imagine that it may have been slow enough for the beavers to relocate?

That being said, saw a HUGE one in the pond by Rock Rill. Actually scared the sh*t out of me as it went into the water as I was making the right to jump back on Yellow.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions