Conditions 4/29

Left Cranberry commuter lot around 9ish....rode in on Wavin' Willie...There were def. some muddy/wet patches along green on the way in...but anything that was rocky and had enough pitch was good. explored green for awhile and got slightly lost as usual (don't have gps...just crappy park map).....

found my way onto 517 trail and rode down past (ice cream?) to white/yellow...and back down to rail-trail.....The 517 trail was pretty wet in the run-off areas...(enough to have to get off and walk around)..but again..anything that was pitched and rocky was good...There are a lot of trees down...I past at least two felled' trees that unfortunately had white blazes on them....and I moved some limbs somewhere off the middle of white...

Ran in to (BigDog in the parking lot post-ride)..sweet Niner! Nice chatting with ya!

Overall glad I rode Allamuchy..I'm sure anything else in the area would have been too wet..

I was only there once this year ~4 weeks ago. It was fairly messy; sort of looked like it was still in the Fall. Lots of leaves on the trails and tons of little sticks just waiting to get caught in the rear derailleur. A fair amount of big trees. I did what I could which wasn't much. Place really needs some riding. Doesn't seem to get the love of the much tamer Deer Park - though someone took the time to make some skinnies.

Rode Allamuchy North and SSP today. North was a bit wet on the section I rode. It was my first time in N park so I don't know where to go to avoid potential problem areas. Not to mention I need to work on my rock riding skills :D The trails leading to bridge under Rt 80 were slick, but once I got to Stephen's it was perfect conditions there. A little soggy near stream crossings but I guess thats to be expected. Otherwise, get out there and ride! I explored some trails I've never rode in SSP and it was a blast. These parks are big! It's fun (but also eerie as you go deeper...) to ride and not see a soul. At least I see tire tracks so I know I'm not totally alone!

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1094552

Yes...Parts of North will def. test your rock riding skills....there is a nice rock garden section on the waterloo/517 trail near the end going toward the bridge & waterloo rd. parking lot that has quite a steep (behind the seat) pitch and a few rocks that you have to "shoot" between...you have to choose a good line or your done for...my confidence level was not up high enough and I walked that obstacle yesterday:(...mabey next time!

Gonna hit Stephens with my daughter tomorrow AM....weather looks great!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions