Compressor for Tubeless?

one piece crank

Most of the big box stores have compressors with ~30 gallon tanks sub $200, and if you catch them on sale they typically run ~$100. This way you have the convenience of way more capacity, but the added capability for occasional air-tool use, etc. Nothing beats a tank of air on-demand...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i would LOVE to see a 30 gallon compressor for $100, please share a link to this amazing deal . . . normal price is ~$300 for an oil-less (loud and short lifespan), more for an oiled model (just a quick search of the hd and lowes . . . . ), a bit cheaper at harbor freight, but also only 20 -22 gallons (again 5 min searching turned up this information)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i would LOVE to see a 30 gallon compressor for $100, please share a link to this amazing deal . . . normal price is ~$300 for an oil-less (loud and short lifespan), more for an oiled model (just a quick search of the hd and lowes . . . . ), a bit cheaper at harbor freight, but also only 20 -22 gallons (again 5 min searching turned up this information)

i thought i had a father's day special come across the desktop for a $200 stand up 30 -

----
in other news: OP states is a city dweller with zero room for anything that isn't super compact.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I am thinking about getting a compressor to have around to use when I want to install some tires, and maybe also use to air dry my chain etc.. when I wash it.
Want something very small and light, since I dont have a garage or basement (live in Brooklyn).
Would either of these be powerful enough to get a tubeless (road) tire seated?.

https://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Perfo...GC/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

https://www.amazon.com/Kobalt-Porta...4RP08VFVGZR&psc=1&refRID=NF4M7ZRKT4RP08VFVGZR

You don't need it for anything but bikes and you don't have room for anything worth while just get a pump with a chamber.

trener1

Harbor Freight is having a tent sale, I just stopped in they had a couple of huge (I think 28 gallon) compressors on sale for like $43 (sticker says $86 but it's half off), I think the sale is on through tomorrow (Sunday), might be worth stopping by if there is one in your area.

IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have a 60 gallon i just never seen em that cheap anywhere (at least not for one youd want)

the $86 one i also only 8 gal . . . . i cant tell if the 21 gal is marked at 152????? maybe? not bad pricing at all especially for that oiled 8 gal.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok $43 for 8 gal (not really a huge compressor in the grand scheme of things), great deal for working on tubeless tires especially if thats all you need it for. Which harbor freight was this at?

trener1

This one is in Brooklyn, so not much help for most of the people on the board, but figure they might have something similar at another location.

Last edited:

one piece crank

i would LOVE to see a 30 gallon compressor for $100, please share a link to this amazing deal . . . normal price is ~$300 for an oil-less (loud and short lifespan)...

Ok, so maybe not current, but my 30gal was purchased at HD for $114 out the door (came with the cheap 5pc tool kit too), but that was 9 years ago on clearance ( I think they wear changing the color of the tank). The recent post Memorial day Sale the Flemington HD had a 20gal for $125, no idea if these are advertised, returns, or clearance.

Top Bottom