Commuting

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do NOT try it indoors....

Not sure which setting but tried it indoors.... it's loud AF

Are you unable to read or just unable to follow directions?

1541727089210.gif

rick81721

Lothar
Holy shit that thing is loud. "Whistle" mode seems to work best in NYC, since it pierces thru the normal city soundscape. I have concerns about the bands to hold it to the bars, so I will keep an eye on that. I may use this when out on road rides too...

Hey is this legal? Deafening sound + blinding light, me likey

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hey is this legal? Deafening sound + blinding light, me likey
Again... not sure which setting I was in but its not stupid loud.
Its kinda like you left the radio on too loud in your car last night and you get a bit of a jolt in the morning when you turned on your car.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey kids, first one’s free!

Congrats!
You just took an electric bike ride.⚡

We’re rolling out 4,000 electric bikes over the coming months. When you upgrade your ride to an electric bike, it will be an additional $2/ride.

To thank you for being an annual member, we’re waiving this for you until April 27, 2019. For more information please visit our Electric FAQ.​

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Congrats!

We’re rolling out 4,000 electric bikes over the coming months. When you upgrade your ride to an electric bike, it will be an additional $2/ride.

To thank you for being an annual member, we’re waiving this for you until April 27, 2019. For more information please visit our Electric FAQ.
1552947664787.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Congrats!

To thank you for being an annual member, we’re waiving this for you until April 27, 2019. For more information please visit our Electric FAQ.
You need to steal a charging station for home.

pygmypony

Congrats!

aren't ebikes illegal?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
aren't ebikes illegal?
It’s just that kind of closed-mindedness that....

Jk- yes they are-
There are numerous signs along the greenway stating just that.
I can only presume the differentiation is between pedal assist (Citibike) and throttle bikes that the delivery guys use.
And it all makes no difference to me, because as of April, those things are dead to me.

pygmypony

It’s just that kind of closed-mindedness that....

Jk- yes they are-
There are numerous signs along the greenway stating just that.
I can only presume the differentiation is between pedal assist (Citibike) and throttle bikes that the delivery guys use.
And it all makes no difference to me, because as of April, those things are dead to me.
i think you have it right...i’ve seen so many delivery guys getting ticketed on the greenway on those throttle bikes...the citibike ebikes are super fast and fun, but verboten if you wanna compete in BIYF! at least i think they are?!

Top Bottom