Commuting

rick81721

Lothar
I am pretty sure there is a post somewhere around in the boards where @jmanic claimed ownership on this... so.....
Crap.... is he going to delete that post now? :oops:

set-up-like-a-bowlin-pin-knocked-down-it-gets-46206238.png

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Is putting stickers on someone's bike similar to "tagging " something with spray paint?
I think there are couple of sharpie "tags" on the bike....
All is fair game just as long as it does not transfer on to me or my clothes.... but will add that if I can smell it.... that's a foul!

bergsnj

Yep
The idea was to make it crappy as possible, without affecting function, to try to avoid theft.

This is how it looked on day 1.... 2 years ago
View attachment 94378
So you leave this thing on the street in the city 24/7/365? and hop on it everyday to get to and from the bus/train - office? if so, that is awesome. I can't believe it has lasted that long without being messed with.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So you leave this thing on the street in the city 24/7/365? and hop on it everyday to get to and from the bus/train - office? if so, that is awesome. I can't believe it has lasted that long without being messed with.
Yes sir.... well...not 365 days. Off season, I bring it back home for maintenance and such.
Had a couple of instances where minor vandalism happened.. like busting the bell that was on the bike.
What is really surprising is that right now, I have left an e-bell on the bike for about a week and it hasn't been stolen yet.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure when... just noticed it today. The bike was locked up by PABT past 2 days due to rain.
Do you not have your saddle/post chainlinked down? Dont know if any of you GW commuters ever saw the dude with no post/saddle rider. I talked to him one day and said someone stole his post and saddle 4 years ago and never replaced it. This guy was a daily comutter.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The whole point of this exercise is to see how long this bike survives, right?

How does this story not get to the word “inevitable” sooner or later?

Top Bottom