Commuting

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/12/28/guy_does_the_unthinkable_rides_a_citi_bike_crosscountry.php
http://velojoy.com/2015/08/27/nyc-man-riding-citi-bike-cross-country/

Since he departed the city on August 6, Tanenhaus has covered 2,700 miles, passed through 17 states, and incurred $1,200 in late fees, which is the max charge for a lost or stolen bicycle.

Countri-Bike4.jpg

I like doing my commutes into the city, but don't have much motivation on the way back. 50% of the time, it's a drag and legs feel heavy. The commute is about 0:50 in and 1:10 out. Anyone else have this problem?

I like doing my commutes into the city, but don't have much motivation on the way back. 50% of the time, it's a drag and legs feel heavy. The commute is about 0:50 in and 1:10 out. Anyone else have this problem?
commute.jpg

Depends which way the wind blows. Some of my best days were home direction but that was also with rock star hair tail wind. When into a heavy north wind was dreadful then getting pelted on the GWB, ouch!

When I was commuting it was always the killer headwind coming across the bridge like Matty said- the longest mile…

Not into the City, but my Commute is opposite. 1200 feet of climbing in, coast home.

marvelous what a set of new brake pads (v brakes) and a new brake cable does
My rear cable just snapped at the lever last week going downhill. Good thing there was a front. 12 miles, 1k ish feet climbing overall

is this for serious? this is quite possibly the most ridiculous proposal ive ever read. WHY?

and most of the population either live or work beyond the walking distance from it.

lolwut. nyc is like 3 inches wide, im in walking distance.

is this for serious? this is quite possibly the most ridiculous proposal ive ever read. WHY?

lolwut. nyc is like 3 inches wide, im in walking distance.
That project would cost more than it would to turn the Middle East into a thriving rain Forrest inhabited by feminist Hebrews.

That project would cost more than it would to turn the Middle East into a thriving rain Forrest inhabited by feminist Hebrews.
No way. You know how much valuable land all that dirt would be once it's moved to increase the size of lower manhattan?

Lower Manhattan didn't even exist 200 years ago, it's basically landfill.

That being said, this is the dumbest proposal I have seen in awhile for anything.

No way. You know how much valuable land all that dirt would be once it's moved to increase the size of lower manhattan?

Lower Manhattan didn't even exist 200 years ago, it's basically landfill.

That being said, this is the dumbest proposal I have seen in awhile for anything.
You've never dealt with the epa, that would not be an option this day in age.

Back
Top Bottom