Commuting

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I always wanted to commute by bike to work but many reasons left that only a dream. Fast forward and now have a job that gives me an opportunity to do so. No not from home but in and out of NYC from Fort Lee area.

Met The Hat to guide me in today really enjoyed the company and route in. Over the GWB is impressive to say the least. The greenway down the hudson is worth the ride alone. I will be looking forward to this on a daily basis and will even do a few laps central park when time is good. I lost the freedom to ride with this job but now have found a way to keep it real.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149667291

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149667281

The Kalmyk

Commuting is by far some of the best riding, imo... Gets you energized for the work day and rids any daily stress of the job... The fact that you "have" to ride home is a bonus... No excuses or backing out

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
u can work your tech skills dodging cars in the city. also you better upgrade to a hipster outfit if your going to be communting in the city, the hat can prolly help you with this.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah the preferred way to cross the GWB is by bike for sure.
Saw you guys when I was heading out this morning,
unless there was another blinged out Gunnar out there...
Welcome to the neighborhood,
and yeah the East side sucks.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
almost got matty run over the second he sat foot in manhattan :D

you missed all the eye-candy in central park post commute, if i can get out tomorrow morning, i'll show you another route in (faster) that will cut through c.park

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah the preferred way to cross the GWB is by bike for sure.
Saw you guys when I was heading out this morning,
unless there was another blinged out Gunnar out there...
Welcome to the neighborhood,
and yeah the East side sucks.

Where did you see us? Were you on bike? Maybe we can get a morning commute train going.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I gonna try to show a bit early for a lap or two of the park so you better be in :D

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
almost got matty run over the second he sat foot in manhattan :D

you missed all the eye-candy in central park post commute, if i can get out tomorrow morning, i'll show you another route in (faster) that will cut through c.park

Yes that was an eye opener but this is not my first cherry popper in the big city I have a few notches. We use to also roll Philly on fridays on bighit bikes with a gang of marauders too.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where did you see us? Were you on bike? Maybe we can get a morning commute train going.

I was pulling in to the park on Hudson Terrace, just getting ready to get going.
I usually get an earlier start,
and unfortunately I head north after the bridge so I can't join the commute murder train.
Maybe I could fit in a park loop sometime though.
Sounds worth the trip.

PatrickBrown

I work at the audi dealer on the west side highway between 54-55th and always see a ton of bikers riding by, as well as much eye candy sunbathing in the grass across the street

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok day 2 was pretty cool in the morning, misty alone and feeling groovy. Had a Red tail 12 inches away on the park benches just checking me out. Decided to bail on the park loop, wait till I get a bit more accustomed to this.

Now for the down side or luck, both days I got done with work only to find my front wheel flat. NP had patch kit and air first day. Today I blew a can of bigair and patch didn't hold. NP this is NYCMF, bike shop 4 blocks away. Buy 3 tubes and 2 cans. 1st tube is pinched on the bead and blows Fvck! Next I think I got it covered and almost do the same, worked the tire and got it to go. Tioga boys were very helpful. Rolling!

Get right out to greenway and sucked right on to dudemans wheel for about a mile before I said hey. Pulled up and struck conversation and he says nice bike I say thanks. Minute later I realized dudemans rolling Gunnar also. Chatted the whole way to 181st.

I wont bore you daily about commute but I can see this is gonna be fun!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149883877

Last edited:

ChrisRU

What time have you been hitting the bridge? Your Garmin page is set on Greenwich mean time. I'm off of work Friday and have time to squeeze in an early ride. I'd be down to meet you at the bridge and roll down until you turn off. Or hit up Central Park for a loop if you want to give that a shot.

Top Bottom