Coming to North NJ soon, New to East Coast, not new to MTB Scene.

rxpxskier

Where in Randolph? Lewis Morris is close too depending which side of town. Lots of people ride there but lots of people say it's very easy. Beer... We have a new local place right on route 10 (you will learn this road, and learn to hate it) but fort nonsense is place, but the guys that run the place are kinda arrogant so you can skip it.

Rocksrgood4u

Lewis Morris: Rocks n roots
Allamuchy: Rocks
Wawayanda: Rocks
Chimney Rock: obvious
Ringwood: Rocks
Jungle, HighMtn: Rocks

RSAmerica

Lewis Morris: Rocks n roots
Allamuchy: Rocks
Wawayanda: Rocks
Chimney Rock: obvious
Ringwood: Rocks
Jungle, HighMtn: Rocks

Stephens State Park - nice dirt
Deer Park - nice dirt & hard pack
Lewis Morris - hard pack
Allaire - sand
Hartshorne sand and roots
SOMO - fight club
Stewart State Forest, NY - nice dirt
Kingdom Trails, VT - Heaven

Davis1451

I will be moving into town in Mid June and be in the North East area of Randolph initially until I get a better feel for the area to buy something more long term. Looks like the something called Mine Preserve is the closest trail for me. On paper the Allamuchy area looks good for long rides and possibly jumping on Lewis Morris after work sometimes (my home office will be in Morristown). Also interested in the Wildcat trails that look to be close to home also. Ringwood is also on my to do list when I get there. Presently I am out of shape from a late winter crash (wrist buggered and bruised rib), current MTB busted (waiting on part), and busy with work/moving stuff. I also have a couple of road bikes for training/commuting. I am assuming there is a used for sale section somewhere. I have a steel Salsa frame that I am looking to move parts over from my old MTB for a city commuter/F-around frankenbike so I will be looking for a couple parts here and there. This is all helpful. I will start slow, but eventually will get my legs and lungs back by the fall, then be ready for the next season of MTB racing. I may also hit a day or two of JORBA work days. I don't do workdays as much as I should, but have done some trail work in the Missouri area with the local IMBA groups, along with tons of trail prep for races I put on.

Mtbdog

For sale and sell look no further than the silk road. Try pink bike or for sh*ts and giggles Craigslist is always interesting.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like the something called Mine Preserve is the closest trail for me.

Yeah, Dickerson Mine Preserve. It's small but very fun and non-technical.

Also interested in the Wildcat trails that look to be close to home also.

Say when and/or come on out Wednesday nights at 5:30pm.

until I get a better feel for the area to buy something more long term.

There is a house currently for sale literally in the parking lot at Wildcat.

Top Bottom