Colorado locations?

BSAphex

Hey all,
Looking to do a Colorado trip this summer. Never been there but I know there are many options for riding (many of which are not anywhere near each other). Crested Butte, Durango, Ouray, just too many to choose from.

Ultimately, we are looking for good MTB'ing, good craft beers and good food.

Hoping you all have some experiences and opinions to share and help narrow my decision making.

Thanks for your help.
-Dennis

chuprinko

Many years ago (golden age of mtb in late 80's) I was at the Fat Tire Festival in Crested Butte. Great time, great rides, and great scenery. Not sure what the town is like now but had some good places to hang. The trails were plentiful, some fun local around hills of the town, many long trails to but allow a few days to adjust to elevation change.
Had a blast.

xc62701

Hey all,
Looking to do a Colorado trip this summer. Never been there but I know there are many options for riding (many of which are not anywhere near each other). Crested Butte, Durango, Ouray, just too many to choose from.

Ultimately, we are looking for good MTB'ing, good craft beers and good food.

Hoping you all have some experiences and opinions to share and help narrow my decision making.

Thanks for your help.
-Dennis

Durango is great and there are trails all over. Food and beer galore. My brother used to live there and we explored much of the area. You''ll have to do some of the Colorado trail but don't get too excited. It's one of my least favorite trails in the area. Sections of it are good but there are sections that are miserable. The trail itself is not that much fun overall but the views are out of this world. Lots of loose cobble with ruts and horse divots everywhere and good sections of hike a bike to.

Crested is some of the nicest riding in CO. The trails are all on the mountain close together and trails are really sweet.

Look up the Monarch Crest trail to in Salida? maybe? That's an experience and an awesome ride.

Telluride has some really nice stuff too. Free lift access to trails and ride all day for free on lots of xc and some downhill stuff. Trail both sides of the valley are pretty good.

BSAphex

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. I'm doing some reading on MTBR.com as well. Keep hearing about the Monarch Crest. Sounds like a good one.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Following...family vacation/friend's wedding for a week in early october. Anything good at red ricks? I'll be in lakewood but can drive.

Zaskar

Following...family vacation/friend's wedding for a week in early october. Anything good at red ricks? I'll be in lakewood but can drive.

I'm going to squeeze a ride in at the end of a ski trip next week. Suppose to be in the Red Rocks area so I'll post some info afterwards.

ktmrider

David I will be living out there at that point give me a call a month before you come out and we will ride , this is my Co cell 3035799519 name is Rich

Top Bottom